-3x3

-mx virus graphics

-gripper seat cover

-custom axle sliders

-renthal bars

-carbon mirrors

-acerbis hand gurads

-shortened front fender

-Acerbis blitz style headlight (new since pictures but i stil have the pictures setup)

-aluminum shifter

-edge tailight and rear turnsignals

-relocated helmet lock

-removed kickstand kill switch and clutch safety switch

-removed passenger footpegs and made custom exhaust bracket

-aftermarket front turnsignals

could always offer him what you want to pay. i would be a little concerned about those headlights though.

I agree..offer what you want to pay for one. Make sure you ride it though (and get it up to speed) to see if you are satisfied with its power and to see what it cruises like at highway speeds.

The description says he has replaced the headlight setup with Acerbis one...which if its the one I'm thinking of it should be decent.

yea he told me it would come with both setups.. I wouldnt keep the one on it for sure though. doesnt look like it would be very useful. I am a little concerned with it having a lack of power maybe.. am looking at a few others as well so I guess I will wait and see.

yea he told me it would come with both setups.. I wouldnt keep the one on it for sure though. doesnt look like it would be very useful. I am a little concerned with it having a lack of power maybe.. am looking at a few others as well so I guess I will wait and see.

yeah coming off your R6, the 400SM is going to be rather lacking in top end. it wouldnt be a problem if you lived in a shanty in hocking hills, but i think tooling around C-bus might make you yearn for a little more.

KTM makes a beautiful 690SM bike that one guy at work here has. might be out of your price range but who knows.

yeah coming off your R6, the 400SM is going to be rather lacking in top end. it wouldnt be a problem if you lived in a shanty in hocking hills, but i think tooling around C-bus might make you yearn for a little more.

KTM makes a beautiful 690SM bike that one guy at work here has. might be out of your price range but who knows.

Im not looking for something to race sportbikes with so competing with the R6 isnt a concern. Not looking for a top speed monster, just something that can do just OK on the highways

yea, a 690 is out of my range right now. looking at a couple 450's and a 510 so maybe one of those will fair a little better.

The price seems a little high when compared to retail, but not bad. IF you could get it for right around $4,000.00 it wouldn't be a bad deal.

From what I've learned the DRZ is damn near bullet proof, but doesn't have a ton of power. That being said, none of the single cylinder bikes are going to compare to an in-line 4 sport bike. I rode a bone stock 2007 that a guy up here was selling for $4,200.00, and I wasn't impressed at all. I have heard that the airbox mod, along with a pipe and a slip-on wakes the bike up considerably.

I ended up buying the KTM Duke, 625cc single. I haven't had much chance to ride it yet but in my limited experience I can tell you this:

1.) It wont do 130 on the freeway.

2.) It will wheelie whenever you want it to (and sometimes when you dont)

3.) Its a single, so it gets buzzy in the upper RPM range (above 5,500)

4.) The riding position is MUCH more comfortable than any sportbike.

5.) In the twisty stuff its on RAILS. Even when its bumpy.

All in all its a fun bike to ride. I don't miss riding a sportbike on the street. So far, I'd say it was a good move - time will tell.

I guess it really depends on what you're looking for.

The 400SM sucks on the highway! It will do highway speeds, but your running pretty high RPMs to do so. I was gonna buy one, until I rode it. I ended up with a DR650 and I'm in process of building up a set of SM wheels for it

what if I dont plan on doing much highway riding on it? like just around town and if on longer trips it would be back roads.. still stay away from it due to lack of power? how hard is it to convert to SM? pretty costly from what I hear.

what if I dont plan on doing much highway riding on it? like just around town and if on longer trips it would be back roads.. still stay away from it due to lack of power? how hard is it to convert to SM? pretty costly from what I hear.

I've heard of plenty of guys that buzz around on the freeways with them. They'll all do freeway speeds, it just depends on how much of the buzzing you want to put up with.

Doing a SM conversion depends on how far you're willing to go. There's more to it than hanging some 17" rims on a dirt bike. Typically the forks are different as well as the swingarm. If you're going to do mostly street riding having a cush on the rear is a huge benefit - most dirtbikes dont have that option.

If you like the DRZ and the price is right, buy it. I think it would be a fine bike for beating around town.

Once you do some work to the 400, (exhaust, jetting, airbox, etc) it is a blast to ride on backroads up to about 60 mph. It is painfully slow stock.

As far as converting the 650, (or any bike for that matter) it can be done fairly inexpensively or it can be rediculous. I'm using my stock rear 17" rim and my stock front hub with an aftermarket rim laced up to it. I'll have about $600 in doing that, including tires. I know a guy that transformed his into a badass supermoto with all new excel hubs and rims, oversized brake kit, and some other cool shit and he has almost $3000 is his conversion.

im not saying that you need a bike to race sportbikes in a drag, but i am saying that theres a lot of flat roads around columbus and sometimes you want to get out to the hills a little faster. just make sure you know what you want and know what youre getting.

again, whats NADA on the ktm say?

Keep in mind that a lot of the "dirt" bike SM's (like that KTM for instance) may have lights and a horn to make them "street legal" they may not have other "street" necessities - like electric start, or a keyed ignition. Things like that kept me away from some bikes.

The price seems a little high when compared to retail, but not bad. IF you could get it for right around $4,000.00 it wouldn't be a bad deal.

From what I've learned the DRZ is damn near bullet proof, but doesn't have a ton of power. That being said, none of the single cylinder bikes are going to compare to an in-line 4 sport bike. I rode a bone stock 2007 that a guy up here was selling for $4,200.00, and I wasn't impressed at all. I have heard that the airbox mod, along with a pipe and a slip-on wakes the bike up considerably.

I ended up buying the KTM Duke, 625cc single. I haven't had much chance to ride it yet but in my limited experience I can tell you this:

1.) It wont do 130 on the freeway.

2.) It will wheelie whenever you want it to (and sometimes when you dont)

3.) Its a single, so it gets buzzy in the upper RPM range (above 5,500)

4.) The riding position is MUCH more comfortable than any sportbike.

5.) In the twisty stuff its on RAILS. Even when its bumpy.

All in all its a fun bike to ride. I don't miss riding a sportbike on the street. So far, I'd say it was a good move - time will tell.

I guess it really depends on what you're looking for.

Now are these true Nelson Bumps??? : :rolleyes:

wasn't referring to trackin it. I drove 303 from 8 to 21 a few times earlier this month. A decent little test area.

What the hell are you doing up here? I thought you were one of those "southern" boys.

There are several decent roads in that area, ya just gotta watch out for the Po-Po. Most of them are better than 303.

Next time you're up this way let me know.