Viper vs Modded Busa

Guest Ponyfreak

Guest Ponyfreak

The bike beat me pretty bad the first time cause I granny shifted like a pussy and then lifted in 5th @ 160mph or so due to some debris on the side of the road, then got back on it.

2nd run was a lot closer, but I still granny shifted. (***I missed a gear and overrevved the engine a day earlier so I was still a little skiddish during the shifts since that event was still fresh on my mind..)

Also note on both runs I got a 1/2 car length jump on the bike on the start. We tried the 3 honk the first time, but that could not be heard over the exhaust note, so he jsut waited for me to start.

Some shoulda-woulda's on my part

1. Should have powershifted instead of puss-shift I think that would have knocked at least a car length off of the second run and 2 in the first run. I lost a LOT OF GROUND due to the shifts.

In my defense.. this was the first time over 140 in the car and I was being a little careful. I did not know how the car was going to feel at these speeds.. Next time I will be more agressive, but I was a pussy in the video....

2. Should have got a better camera man on the side of the road. However I do not know how well I would have captured two vehicles passing by at close to 180 myself....

enough excuses..

http://mark8.org/users/ponyfreak/web/viper/viperbusavid1.wmv

Guest Crankshaft

<font color ="midnightblue"> I'm sure you've heard many times before that your car is someone's 'dream car', but in my case, that's literall. I watched the video you posted last night right before I went to bed, and I dreamed about it! I dreamed I was showing someone else the video, and I even included telling them the vehicle specs (you had 731hp and the Busa had 164). Then we watched the video, and invariably, became part of it. We were racing around in a Viper and, for some odd reason, we were racing a train... :confused: Anyways, I thought I'd share that. A little weird, yes, but now your car actually has been dreamt about.

Great video too, btw. It reminds me of a video posted a while back in which a black Viper which had something in the area of 850 hp was racing some modded Busa's in the desert. 30 minute video, good stuff.

Guest Ponyfreak

Bike Times:

THe bike guys says, "Last year I ran 9.80 @144mph letting up in 1st & 2nd because of a wheelie"

Last night he ran a "9.81@141 missing 2nd gear and tapping the limiter in 3rd....."

Guest Ponyfreak

The viper struggled for traction at the green track. Track prep this early in teh year at edgewater sucks big time. First run I mustered an 11.66 @ 134. 2.1 short time, lost traction around 100' out, got straight, then got back in it.

Second and third time I ran a 14.0 @ 66-70 mph. I cut better 60's but the top of 1st and second struggled for traction so I just got out of it. Not worth trying to make something out of nothing and jepordizing the car.

I tried one run at tristate on sat, but that track was even worse. I think I ran a 11.88 @ 127. I feathered through 1st and second, and wound up missing 3rd gear. Ohh well.

"I'll take if you meant powerSHIFTING haha.. It's where you keep the accelator pedal planted, and stab the clutch while throwing the stick in gear."

Wait, people really shift without letting off the gas? Isn't that bad!?

Originally posted by Rane:

Anywhere I can read more in depth about this before I go blow my shit up.

There isn't really much to read about it, it's all about timing, and doing it quick and hard. I wouldnt try it if you've only been driving that car for a few months.