If Toledo's any indication.....Indy Jones may bomb!!

Fonzie

Was watchin' the local news last night, and several of the nice, new theaters were VERY sparse for the midnight showing of the new Indiana Jones movie.

I know they brought in Shia LeBeouf to try & pull the younger gen, but I wonder if they waited to long to revive the series...Almost 20 years??? It'll be curious to see how it does the rest of the weekend

I actually liked Rocky Balboa.....kinda sad & poignant about how time moves on, & things change.

'Course, I think I'm older than almost all of you on here......Seems to be a large OSU/twenty-something contingency!! ;)

Now that last Rambo he did, held absolutely no interest for me.....Especially since they found out he's on the juice

We where talking about this at work earlier. None of us are eager to drop dough in a theater to see it.

Yeah.......I have 2 rules of thumb for getting raped at the theater.........

1) If I just CAN'T wait to see the movie on DVD

2) If the F/X look sooooo good, it's actually worth seeing on the big screen with surround sound

Yeah, I haven't been to an overpriced/overrated theater in about 3 years. Probably only been 5x in the last 10 years! That's the truth too. I just wait for DVD and purchase them or rent them. I like watching movies in shorts with no shirt and shoes with a drink and no strangers all over the place.

SOME movies are ONLY worth seeing in a theatre....

others are worse in a theatre...

"day after tomorrow" and "twister" were great in a theatre, LAME on a regular TV...

"borat" and "jackass 2" are ONLY funny at 1 in the morning drunk with your friends...

Indy looks like one of those movies that will be the same, either way...but i'm anxious to see it, so i'll probably spring for a matinee on a saturday or sunday one of these weekends...

SOME movies are ONLY worth seeing in a theatre....

others are worse in a theatre...

"day after tomorrow" and "twister" were great in a theatre, LAME on a regular TV...

"borat" and "jackass 2" are ONLY funny at 1 in the morning drunk with your friends...

Indy looks like one of those movies that will be the same, either way...but i'm anxious to see it, so i'll probably spring for a matinee on a saturday or sunday one of these weekends...

You need a new, bigger tv and sound system.

this sucks to hear i wanted to watch it im a big fan i grew up watching it with my grandpa over and over

I haven't seen it Kiddo, so don't give up on it yet. I'm just sayin' what the news was showin' last night.

Got a friend on another board, who saw it last night, and he said it was alright

I just don't think they've done much marketing for such a big name/lineage movie. I just finally started seeing commercials within the last 2 weeks, and a lot of you twentysomethings with the disposable income were single digits when the last one came out, so I don't think they've done a very good job of building brand familiarity with you guys.

Marco Andretti's car is Indy themed, but that won't pay dividends to a national market until Sunday, when opening weekend's almost over

Baileys13thatIndy085.jpg

Don't go and see this movie unless you have Forrest Gump's IQ, then you might be amused. Otherwise, watch the first one and realize that it will never be topped, ever. I just got back from watching this film, very disappointed but educated on how not to make a movie. View at your own risk...