Anybody heard about Hayden doin' a pace lap/hot lap today???

Fonzie

Sam says Nicky Hayden's supposed to be ridin' the pace lap with the Vette, and may be doin' a hot lap once the Vette drops off. I partially confirmed it when we were at the track last week for my son's 13th........Can't wait to see it if it's true. Anybody else heard anything about this? :flag::honda::trophy:

i heard fittipaldi(sp) was driving the vette... not sure who is riding along with him

so you think it will be vette pace car, nicky on his gp bike, and 33 indy cars? then vette pulls off and nicky pacing the cars?

that would be wicked! but not sure if thats going to happen...too much tradition, although i could see him doing a hot lap alone for advertising purposes just not pacing the cars

It is slated to be about 2 hours before the Indy 500. He gets to do a couple of laps = 1 behind the pace car and he waves and the second a chance to open it up a tad. Not a "hot" lap in GP terms, but enough to let the crowd hear the bike and be jazzed to come back for the GP race...

It is slated to be about 2 hours before the Indy 500. He gets to do a couple of laps = 1 behind the pace car and he waves and the second a chance to open it up a tad. Not a "hot" lap in GP terms, but enough to let the crowd hear the bike and be jazzed to come back for the GP race...

Race starts in an hour according to website countdown, so did he do it already then???

Guys, it was 2 hours before the event. Might have been covered in a bit of pre-coverage, but overall, you weren't going to see it on live TV...

Speed Report might have covered it - I didn't watch.

On every News outlet governing road racing (RRW and SUperbikeplanet) they talked about it. There's a transcript over at Superbikeplanet that has Q&As with Nicky...

Very cool Nate......Thanx for the linx!! (Thumbs up smiley if we had one ;))

Wished they would'a showed it on TV. Article says it was right before "Gentlemen start your engines", but doesn't look that way from the crowd in the stands behind Nicky