Reverse lights stuck on

Vulcan900

So I am driving home last night after the movie, I just turned onto 62 from 161 out by New albany. A car passes the car behind me. This stretch of road is only 50 and passing there is retarded. Look closer and its a cop. Great! I havent a clue what I did wrong, really I didnt.

Ofcourse he kicks on the lights and pulls me over. Come to find out its my reverse lights. They are stuck on and boy they are bright. So he lets me know thats why he pulled me over runs my lisence and lets me go.

So When ever I turn the key on my reverse lights are on no matter if I have the other lights on at all.

I am leaning towards a ground somewhere on the tranny for the backup switch.

Any ideas. Going over to the garage right now to figure it out. I drive thru New Albany almost every day I need to get this stupid thing fixed.

Thanks.

SHORT VERSION

Got pulled over. Reverse lights stuck on soon as key is turned on. Any suggestions

Guest timmybgood
the sensor is probably bad. so you can fix it or yank the bulbs/cut the wire. just be sure to look behind you real good everytime you back up like i have to, ha