Supercharger with no oil lines?

Crash1647545504

my friend recently had a turbo turnd into a supercharger, put it on his 86mr2, he took it of because the belt wasnt getting grip after 3k rpm, anyway there were never any oil lines hooked up to it, and he says they ran the charger to about 95k for about 5 minuts, is this safe?

[ 22. April 2004, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Theoretic ]

just guessin...it's probably toast.i can't see how a turbo would survive that kind of friction without locking completely. i guess the best thing to do is take it off and try to pump some oil through it...see how much shiny stuff comes out.

no it works fine its not broken or anything, the belt set up was just shitty (how they fabricated it to fit and stuff)

from what he told me it used to be a garret t25, shaft driven now, they had that lucas oil aditive stuff that suposidly dosnt break down its kinda like grease to refuce friction insted of oil lines

I'm not sure but oil/coolant lines are pretty standard. I guess if it doesn't break down then it should be good as long as the water line is there to keep things cool. But I wouldn't trust some aditive not to break down though... Everything breaks down over time. It might be ok now but I wonder how long that would last.

Let me know though. If that stuff really works like that I might just use that instead of oil in my engine. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi:

Some superchargers have oil lines. There are some self contained units that require an oil change. And there are some that dont have any oil in them at all.

There's no supercharger oil line on the mr2. ;)

It just needs oil that needs to be changed. That should be fine. He can use GM's Supercharger fluid if he wants. Toyota's is too expensive IMO. Or a synthetic motor oil would work too.