Electrical problem

Guest doggunracing

Guest doggunracing

Quick version: Drove car into garage, 3 days later it wouldn't crank. Headlights, domelight, clock have full power, accessory and ignition don't.

I didn't touch anything electrical between the days. When I turn the key, nothing happens. Neither ignition nor accessory have any power.

30A ignition fuse is popped, replaced and popped again as soon as the key was turned to ignition. A hot wire tied to ignition is grounding?

Guest racinbird

A hot wire tied to ignition is grounding?[/QB]

yup!! well sort of, a "hot wire is tied to battery, a switched wire is tied to ignition

Guest doggunracing

I meant, "Is a hot wire that is somehow connected to the ignition grounding out, causing the fuse to blow?"

I guess I fixed it. The ground wire for my gauges was off the head. I have it run through the ignition for the water temp, so I guess it was grounding it out? I don't really know why that would blow the ignition fuse though.

Guest racinbird
A loose ground wire shouldn't effect a power feed circuit causing it to blow a fuse. If the ground is loose/off the gauge just won't work. Plus a 30a fuse would take a bigger gauge wire to short out then a small cluster gauge wire. With a 30a fused cirucit, a smaller gauge wire that typically runs to a water temp gauge would melt before a 30a fuse blows. just my .02