Diagnostic Code

LJ

I have two P0440 codes reading on my 2001 Chevy Blazer. People say it is the gas cap, but i havent had to get gas in like 2 weeks (don't drive often). I had some type of emissions pump go out on me back in december, and that was replaced under warrenty. The P0440 code is Evaporative Emission Control System Malfunction. So, is it my gas cap leaking, or do I probably need another one of those pumps, or something completely different.

Also, lately I have been getting a knocking noise when I start the Blazer up. I only use 89 octane in it, am I still getting engine ping with 89? Jesus this car sucks so far....

What octane does the owners manual say it requires. When I had the 22RE in my `92 toy the manual said 92+ was required. It did stumble and ping on <92 too. Have you checked for any TSB's related to the P0440 code or related systems?

I'm not fimilar with the engines and related control systems for vehicles running OBD-II systems. I'll help out with what I can though.

It says 87 Ocatane in the manual, so it's kind of weird. Anthony said he got ping with 87 in his Blazer, but I mean come on... 89!!

My dad said he found that it has a 50,000 mile 5 year emissions warrenty, so I am gonna check up on that.