1997 lumina thermostat

crow 3g

My neighbor has a 97 lumina with a v6 and both fans quit working at the same time and he thinks its the thermostat. i was wondering where it is located at and ne other ideas as to what could be wrong so i hopefully dont' have to spend too much time working on it tomorrow. thanks

the fans don't work ever? first start the car and turn on the air conditioning if the fans run you have a new problem. if the fans don't run shut the car off unplug the connector to the fan and run 12 volts right to it if the fan runs replace the RADIATOR FAN SWITCH ( thats exactly what they will call it at the autoparts store) if the fans don't run you need new fan motors. it is highly unlikely that both fans quit working at the same time my money is on the radiator fan switch

HTH

Good points, GAS. Also check the radiator fan fuses and probably a RAD HI/AC fuse. Also check the AC fuses for shits and grins. I just fixed one over the weekend that had a fan motor lock up and blow all the fuses. Had to replace them and the fan assy.

Evan