stop stalling damnit

Murasaki

Yeah.. so this isnt a new thing but my car (89 merkur scorpio) has problems. It stalls out whenever I'm stopped at a stop sign or red light or whatever any time I'm just not moving, if I put it in neutral when I stop, it doesn't stall out as easy (but still does eventually), and if its been running for a while and the engines hot then it doesn't stall out as easy either.

So I havent had a diagnostics on it since I dont have the money to right now.. so I don't know what it is. My dad who had this car before me says the fuel injectors need cleaned but I dont think he ever got that checked out to make sure it was that so I dunno. I put in some of that chevron fuel injector shit you can put in yourself then fill up the tank and it seems like it didn't help AT ALL, but it was only one bottle.

So.. asking people who are smarter with cars and shit, what the hell is wrong? :(

Idle Air control. Controls the amout of air that makes it past the throttle body when the car is stopped.

lift off the gas, the throttle plate closes. The IAC lets air bypass it to keep the car running. If its not working the car will stall when you lift off the gas and stop.