GMC blower motor problems

Tractor

What is the most likely problem with my `95 GMC truck? The blower motor under the dash doesn't work right. List of problems; won't come on, comes on weak even on the high setting, if I hit it it will run really good and eventualy weaken and go off. Same thing happens when I hit bumps. I'd guess it could be a grounding problem, but I also notice other strange voltages in other systems while its doing its thing which leads me to think that the problem is a +12 short also. anyone wanna tell me where the blower resistor is located on a 1995 GMC serria truck. You'll need a factory manual to find it since its a bastard year and the haynes manuals cover `94 and 96 and assume 95 is similar.

Evan

He replaced the blower last night, that part of the problem is solved. The HVAC control panel is still fucked. I've seen other people with the same problem in the same year truck. Anyone know if he can use a control panel from a different year truck that will actually be reliable, even though he's got a bastard year truck? Or should he just go ahead with his soldering iron and finish making it work in a ghetto way?

Well scrooge the resister isn't located in the engine bay on a heater box because this truck doesn't have any enviro stuff in the engine bay. The place you describe is the same place the manuals say, but this truck only has 2 coolant hoses going through the firewall. Sucks don't it.

Yeah I don't really want to buy that heater/ac control module from the dealer $150. I've checked junkyards, but haven't found any that have people willing to anwser questions. I've also never need late model trucks in junkyards.

Evan