turn signal (electrical) question

still2hi

i have an intrigue that the turn signal keeps going out. the fillet in the bulbs dont burn out it just like burns the connection in the socket. do i need to replace the socket and if so will it do it again? i also thing its a bad ground, could i just cut the ground and reground it? i know i could just tap into the rear turn signal and run wires up to a new socket, i just wanted to do it the right way?

Hahaha good ol' GM's smile.gif

Yeah GM has been having problems with those and other vehicles (full-size truck daytime lights one other example). You can keep replacing the bulb, or try any of those options you stated. I don't think it will matter but anything's worth a shot. We get 1 person a week at the shop asking what they can do about it.

Thats a pretty odd problem especially if SHIEF's right and several people have had the same thing happening. I'd suspect a short somewhere. It could be that a wire got routed in the wrong spot and now when cars get on roads and get jarred around they short a harness somewhere and cause it to blow stuff. Disconnect the battery negative terminal and test the positive connection at the light to ground. There should be an open load. If theres a connection switch the an ohms reading and see how good the connection is. I wouldn't guess its a full connection or you'd blow fuses and kill your battery alot.

You may also check the voltage at the light connector and make sure its the same as the others. too much or to little voltage can cause early failure also.

Evan