4L60E strang whine/grind

Guest h8tcivics

Guest h8tcivics

here are my symtoms. when I start the car from sitting overnight, starts right up but has a whine grind to it..like shaving a piece of metal. whenever I make a sharp left hand turn and apply the gas..I see my RPM redline for a couple seconds then it grabs and chirps the tires. It has only done this for me twice while turning right.

A hand full of times now when I come to a complete stop for a light or sign..when I floor it to try to get them to spin..it red lines and when it finally grabs it chirps and goes..no spinning tires or anything.

Yet whenever I drive the car when it is getting warmed up it whines/grind...after a while the sound dies down but when I get to a stop or going less than 25 it makes the sound over my loud exhaust. could I have blown the torque converter or pump?? this is a fairly new tranny from a rear hit car. has 66 thou on it. what do you think is wrong. It just sounds so bad when I exit my neighborhood, cant be anything on the engine. when I put it in neutral..rev it the noise gets louder, and when it goes to an idle while in neutral it stops making the noise. not the alternator noise a lower grind, thing metal noise is heard.

what is it?

It's the damned sunshell.

Stupid things, my 4T60E in my Blazer blew one up a few weeks ago. The replacement for it is much thicker and is called "The Beast".

As for the tranny, I'd have it fixed at Berberich Automotive in Blacklick. John Berberich has built my 4L60E in my Formula, and it's holding up quite well to well over 500rwhp/500rwtq. He also recently did my 4T60E as stated above with upgraded parts, and it's running like a champ.

PM me for more info, or PM Theoretic here on CR as it's his dad's shop.