Clutch Problem

1qwk767

I have a 86 Nissan 300 ZX Turbo 5spd the car sat for over a year, and went to go move it and it wouldnt move. You can put the car in gear and let the clutch out and nothing. The car just sits there, my uncle said something that looks like a wheel cylinder is under the car I found that bled the air out of it and nothing happened so i figured I would ask some of you guys what you might think. you can reply to the thread, PM me or e-mail me what you think

Thanks Mark

brkpdl@aol.com

Does the clutch pedal have a good feel to it? Did you say you bleed some air out? If so maybe the clutch master cylinder got air in it. In that case it should be removed and bench bled. If all this is done and you still don't have a good feel try adjusting the clutch pedal travel. If this all doesn't work take the slave cylinder off and start it in gear. If that doesn't help the throwout bearing or throwout arm could be seized in the disengaged position. In that case you pretty much have to pull the engine or drop the tranny to fix it. I once had my slave cylinder piston flip on my truck. couldn't do anything just like you.

Evan