BOV question?

70rsz28

I have a 92 Talon TSi and when I get it back together it will prolly have a new BOV and Intake tube. So what I need to know is it important to have a recirculating BOV or can I just buy the intake tube w/o the BOV recirculation port so it will make a louder sound. God I love that sound! but if it is very bad for power Ill keep it recirculating.

Guest Harris92
Lots of dsm's can have problems if you dont recirculate. The first gen blow off valve that you have on there now is a very good blow off valve, people often can see 18-20 psi without leak. ;)

Guest tbirdchick
I've had a 1g and now have a turboxs rfl bov, the 1g is best for our cars along with the hks. some times these cars idle alittle rough with the vented bov. depends if you want it for the sound or for the qualitly. i recommend the 1g or hks (if you have the money to get all thats needed for it)

Guest Harris92
Originally posted by rallychick:

I've had a 1g and now have a turboxs rfl bov, the 1g is best for our cars along with the hks. some times these cars idle alittle rough with the vented bov. depends if you want it for the sound or for the qualitly. i recommend the 1g or hks (if you have the money to get all thats needed for it)

Shes right. You can also crush a first gen bov to hold ~30 pounds of boost. Not too bad considering you can pick them up in good shape for like forty bucks ;)