electircal problems

lord_tris

i have a 92 hatch has two problems that jus came up in the last week

1st my lights dont go down nor does the left light work i know that it should cause its brand new and i know that the connection is correct

2nd now that when ever i hit the brakes its tuning the lights in the gauge cluster off and the gauges stop working as well as the heater blower moter

and when i let off the brakes everything comes back on except this last time it happened

things that i have changed in the car since it not working:

i have switched the hatch out and did not hook the electric back up for it ie the defroster and wiper

things that i hear when said incident happens:

there is small crackling sound until the lights and gauges start working again

things that i see:

the lights and gauges go one and off very quickly the blower moter comes one and off and the wipers come one the seatbelt warning light comes on and the setbelt moves and goes back

thats a nasty gremlin there.any reason why you didn't hook up the stuff on the new hatch? and what did you do with the connectors? i've had my KA harness apart a few times and noticed that alot of circuits share grounds. if you had a bad one(or 2) under the dash, it may have been using the hatch circuits ground.now it's dependent on the possibly bad ones under the dash(both sides) if you have an FSM i'de suggest checking out the EL section and checking all your bodygrounds for tightness and corrosion.if you don't have an FSM you can d/load it from www.zeroyon.com in the tech section.