Automatic Tranny Flush

Cougar1647545494

Hey guys. I'd like to change my transmission fluid, but figured it'd be better to do a flush. Is there any good companies or shops that could do this for me? I was just thinking maybe AAMCO. I know a flush will force out any debris and change most of the fluid in the torque convertor instead of a regular drain fill method. I only have 33k on it but i'm thinking i'm a bit overdue. Would it hurt to put in some mobil 1 syn now, right now it's got that ford mercon stuff. Thanks.

There are many opinions out there, and here's mine... smile.gif

A flush is not a bad thing, but it is overkill. Synthetic is not a bad thing, but it is overkill. Drop the pan, replace the filter, fill it back up with standard fluid, and save yourself some dough. You are never going to feel or notice any diiference between the fluids.

Cougars auto cd4e tranny doesn't have a filter, only a screen, and no pan to drop. I would suggest a full flush with regular mercon and ford friction modifier. if you want a hookup pm me I work for firestone I can slip you in on a day off or something.