Question for Nitrous Users

lilred01

looking into getting a wet system, and I was wondering where in the local Columbus Are you guys get your bottles filled and how much they run you...

also, if you have any tips, hints, guidelines for a first time user, feel free to add them...

My friends in cleveland have been running a nitrous setup on 2 different rangers, are about to hook up a focus, and they have been using it w/o problems for over a year now, and they will help (do most of) the install

this is going in a 2001 ranger xlt 2.3 duratec

Originally posted by DragKnee66:

Im just wondering why your going to spray a Ranger????

why not?

no, i actually plan to work on performance mods on my 4banger...

I know people will think, with the money spent, why not just swap for a v6 or v8, well, i like running my 4banger, and i dont need a v6 or v8...

Also, down the line, im working on a custom turbo setup, and nitrous is just to get the ball rolling...

so i can be blown and juiced

Originally posted by 98.9% stock:

I'm gonna move this to Tech.

As for filling, Hensler Racing fills bottles and for less than the average rate.

www.henslerracing.com

yeah, couldnt figure where to put this, thanks!

And Hensler Racing, have you delt with them personally? i might have to check them out

Originally posted by lilred01:

yeah, couldnt figure where to put this, thanks!

And Hensler Racing, have you delt with them personally? i might have to check them out

I've known James Hensler for a few years and would recommend his work. I personally haven't had my vehicle worked on at his shop by him (I've worked on it over there, though), but there's quite a few CR members that have had work done by him with positive results.

I've run a dry kit on my 96 camaro for some time now, usually get my bottle filled at jegs on 11th for 42 and some change.

First time user, make sure to take the precautions and don't cut corners, also make sure everything is running 100% as nitrous finds your engines weak spots.

I had a wet kit on my car for 3-4 years and it was a good experience overall.

As far as filling, I know of a few different places.

Hensler Racing (Reynolgsburg area)

Floyd's Hot Rods (Groveport Area)

All Jeg's locations (they overcharge heavily so I'd recommend one of the first two).

Good luck.

thanks guys for the support, i work at hensler racing. 3.75 a lb for nitrous, tax included.

i've had a nitrous kit on my car for bout a year. NX is the way to go they have the best stuff, even though it might cost a lil more. learn and read about nitrous before you throw it on your car, it can be ur best friend or worst enemy, nitrous backfires suck ass

Nitrous is your friend. I ran the dry Zex system for a year or so and got hooked. Now I'm running a wet plate system from NOS.

Quick guildlines:

-Run copper plugs.

-91+ octane gas.

-Never for more than 15secs...I think that's what it was. Just don't hold it for too long.

-Allow 5 mins in between runs for cool down.

-Not under 3k rpm.

That's all I can think of from the top of my head.

Originally posted by Rayman:

Nitrous is your friend. I ran the dry Zex system for a year or so and got hooked. Now I'm running a wet plate system from NOS.

Quick guildlines:

-Run copper plugs.

-91+ octane gas.

-Never for more than 15secs...I think that's what it was. Just don't hold it for too long.

-Allow 5 mins in between runs for cool down.

-Not under 3k rpm.

That's all I can think of from the top of my head.

Just remmber to properly GAP and possibly select a heat range colder

People usually dont spray under 3,000RPM for means of traction (all dependant on the shot.)

Originally posted by Gas, Grass, or Ass:

never heard that I've sprayed through a whole bottle in one long distance run before never seemed to hurt anything.

That's crazy. A whole bottle??? Temps would get way too high.

Guest xxxyyyzzz
Originally posted by Razorback:

I had a wet kit on my car for 3-4 years and it was a good experience overall.

As far as filling, I know of a few different places.

Hensler Racing (Reynolgsburg area)

Floyd's Hot Rods (Groveport Area)

All Jeg's locations (they overcharge heavily so I'd recommend one of the first two).

Good luck.

Jeg's west store doesn't fill nitrous, but East and 11th do.

Guest xxxyyyzzz

At 11th nitrous fills are done by the guys in the Jegster shop and the shop is closed on sunday.

East will fill a bottle whenever since over there the retail guys just go back to the filling station and do it themselves.

Originally posted by StraightouttaLocash:

Jeg's west store doesn't fill nitrous, but East and 11th do.

Sorry, never been out to the west store, and only filled a couple times at the othe two Jeg's shops due to their high prices, so I just assumed they also did the fills at the west store as well. Thanks for clearing that up.