mustang suspension questions

99BlownYellowGT

OK my goal is to be in the 11's when racing season opens up again next year.Im guessing right now whats holding me back is weight and suspension work. I want this car to be streetable but be able to hook at the track.

What suspension upgrades should i do.

Control Arms?Upper and Lower?Should they be adjustable?Shocks Struts?Should they be adjustable?Im guessing i need stuff to stiffen the chasis. Ive got subframe connectors.What else is there?Do i need to upgrade the posi and the axles?Also at the track i will be running et drags or et streets not sure which yet.

Sorry i know its a alot of questions.Thanks for the help. I know theres a couple of stangs out there with less HP runnin 11's. I hope they chime in graemlins/thumb.gif

Well, mine is very streetable but hooks up like a mofo.

Basically you just need axles and a carrier that you don't have to worry about breaking. The next thing you need is a set of slicks and some 15'' rims to mount them on. A good line-lock kit is also recommended for those nice long burnouts at the track. :D I have a Hurst Roll Control kit from Jeg's ($160 or so) and it works like a charm.

I currently have 28 spline moser axles on mine (which may still very easily break under enough stress) and my stock differential which could very easily blow apart when I hit the track in the spring time. If you want to avoid possible breakage, I'd suggest a good 31 spline carrier and moser 31 spline axles. For slicks I have 15x10'' Weld Prostars with MT ET Streets (26x11.5). I drop the tire pressure to ~11psi at the track, do a good 6-8 second burnout and dump the clutch at the desired RPM. So far I haven't been able to break them loose on the line. Granted I haven't launched higher than 4k but that's because I know I'll start breaking my drivetrain. ;)

Hope that helps a little bit.

no, u need a 31 spline diff. eaton posi trac is a good streetable diff.

suspension: Qa1 12 way adjustable rears, lakewood fronts with some coilovers. springs either eibach drags with an air bag or cut ur springs or use some v-6's are a lil cheaper.

UPR makes some great adjustable control arms. i would get adjustable, that way u can square up your car perfectly and set your pinion angle where you want it to be