Frame Repair

nurkvinny

Has anyone had experience with any local frame shops? What we need done is a 3'-4' section of frame removed and replaced. We have a donor frame.

Or, we may even have a shop completely overhaul the frame if the price is average to reasonable.

Please let me know if any of you have been through this process.

TIA.

I hear great things about your services to others. I have to tell you that he isn't even going to consider anyone who hasn't restored a Corvette frame before. He's doing this restoration to a 'T'.

I would love to give this job to a CR member though. smile.gif

PM me, and let me know your frame experience, man.

Later,

Vince

well i would have to show you my work. are you willing to go to athens to see it. but i can understand how he feels. a real good place to call is corvette care talk to them and he should be able to send you to a reputable frame man. but you will need to call him real soon because he takes the winter off and dosent work till spring. hope this helps

My dad spoke with Lloyd today, and was forwarded over to the body shop beside Corvette Care.

Seemed like the body shop knew their shit, but was trying to talk him into doing the complete restoration, instead of wanting to talk about just fixing the frame.

I'm sure they will work something out though.

Has anyone heard anything about Farris Frame shop on East Broad near Rt310?