Gas out this sumbetch!!!

Putty

If everyone did that gas out idea, it would probably be $6.19/gallon the next day because of the lost profit. I don't think it's a good idea.

Plus if gas followed inflation it should be around $4.99/gallon. I don't like it either, but we honestly should be paying more according to inflation. Be glad we have some of the cheapest gas in the world. The UK pays around $7-8/gallon!! :eek:

I don't like it, but I just adjust my expenses to make up for it. No big deal to me really. :dunno:

Alot of you college boys, finish college or you will really feel the gas increase hit your wallets later in your life. :eek:

Carie and I went and test drove a Honda Civic Hybrid tonight. I'll tell you what, I think we're going to buy it. They are damned nice cars! And the whole "Auto-Stop" thing blew my mind. The engine shuts off at red lights. Fucking amazing. Supposedly it gets 51mpg highway / 49mpg city. I'll take that over my 17mpg jeep. The navigation and shit is freaking awesome too. Civics sure have come a long way. Times are changing. Time for people and their habits to change too I guess.

Yes, in Europe they pay $6 - 7 per gallon. However, the government did that on purpose to encourage public transportation. It worked. Look at us. We have COTA. That's it. We need a subway or train badly. I'd take it to work everyday no doubt.

Carie and I went and test drove a Honda Civic Hybrid tonight. I'll tell you what, I think we're going to buy it. They are damned nice cars! And the whole "Auto-Stop" thing blew my mind. The engine shuts off at red lights. Fucking amazing. Supposedly it gets 51mpg highway / 49mpg city. I'll take that over my 17mpg jeep. The navigation and shit is freaking awesome too. Civics sure have come a long way. Times are changing. Time for people and their habits to change too I guess.

Yes, in Europe they pay $6 - 7 per gallon. However, the government did that on purpose to encourage public transportation. It worked. Look at us. We have COTA. That's it. We need a subway or train badly. I'd take it to work everyday no doubt.

Hey my brother has that civic. It's definately a different kind of car.

Now, don't forget my point on inflation Ben. :)

My next vehicle is either going to be a V8 Tundra or Mustang GT. I don't know yet. Probably the Toyota Tundra because of bike towing, and hauling shit in the bed. It'd be more right for us. :dunno:

My next vehicle is either going to be a V8 Tundra or Mustang GT. I don't know yet. Probably the Toyota Tundra because of bike towing, and hauling shit in the bed. It'd be more right for us. :dunno:

Nice. I've considered a Tundra as our next vehicle also for the same reason. They have a red Crewmax I think it is in the showroom at the dealer up by the Dayton Mall. You would think it should come with the sidestep standard which I thought was odd.

Are the Hybrids still several thousand more than the regular one? If so it would take along while to save money driving one instead of the normal Civic. Of course it would still be better for the environment than the alternative.

The wife got a Scion Xa to trek back and forth in and she's been averaging 34-36 mpg. Neat little cars.

Nice. I've considered a Tundra as our next vehicle also for the same reason. They have a red Crewmax I think it is in the showroom at the dealer up by the Dayton Mall. You would think it should come with the sidestep standard which I thought was odd.

Are the Hybrids still several thousand more than the regular one? If so it would take along while to save money driving one instead of the normal Civic. Of course it would still be better for the environment than the alternative.

The wife got a Scion Xa to trek back and forth in and she's been averaging 34-36 mpg. Neat little cars.

You know the PRIUS Jeremi is a worse polluter than a standard SUV. It was reported. You can find it somewhere online if you google search I'm sure. I'm too lazy right now here at work to do it. lol

Hey, have you been to the Toyota on 35E in Beavercreek? They had a NICE blue loaded Tundra I fell in love with! :cool:

By the way... they have done countless studies that show that its actually more cost beneficial to buy a regular car... by the time you actually make up the difference in gas savings, your car will be dead.. not to mention upkeep is evidently more costly on the hybrids..

I love my Tacoma...

You know the PRIUS Jeremi is a worse polluter than a standard SUV. It was reported. You can find it somewhere online if you google search I'm sure. I'm too lazy right now here at work to do it. lol

Hey, have you been to the Toyota on 35E in Beavercreek? They had a NICE blue loaded Tundra I fell in love with! :cool:

I've read the (2006?) Prius didn't get any better gas mileage then it's siblings, but I hadn't read it was worse than SUVs ... I wouldn't be surprised though.

Here's that article if anyone's interested

Prius Outdoes Hummer in Environmental Damage

http://clubs.ccsu.edu/recorder/editoria ... NewsID=188

I might have to ride out there this weekend and check it out.

Here's that article if anyone's interested

Prius Outdoes Hummer in Environmental Damage

http://clubs.ccsu.edu/recorder/editoria ... NewsID=188

I might have to ride out there this weekend and check it out.

Yeah that's what I meant, not gas, pollution. Thanks for saving my time of finding that Fusionator! :cheers:

By the way... they have done countless studies that show that its actually more cost beneficial to buy a regular car... by the time you actually make up the difference in gas savings, your car will be dead.. not to mention upkeep is evidently more costly on the hybrids..

+1 :woo:

im not sure if im right, but i heard somewhere that like after 2 yrs you have to buy a new battery or something for those hybrids, and its not covered under warranty and the battery isnt cheap by any means :dunno: