unmarked cars

Dave1647545494

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sidecar9
Undercovers are not legal in the state of Ohio as it pertains to moving violations. To top it off, a police officer must be in plain site to issue a ticket as well (ex. must have parcking lights on at night). I was told by an officer, if an unmarked car tries to pull you over, to call the local police dept. before you pull over. Or head to a busy area or business and go inside and wait for them. Furthermore, a bike cop is a cop, and can issue all tickets he wants .. if he can keep up tongue.gif

I have watched an undercover cop pull over a guy one time. As I looked in my rear view mirror one time I saw the ominus Crown Vic headlights w/ tinted windows. My suspicions arose, a crown vic with tint. I know that the only people that drive those were cops or old people and most old people (mainly retirees) don't tint their windows. But there was a guy in a Neon that sped away. At first he was just doing like 45 in a 35 and the cop didn't seem to mind. But when he started dipping and weaving in and out of cars, and changing lanes without signaling, the unmarked cruiser started to get pissed. So the cruiser started following him. I knew it was undercover as soon as I looked in the rear window and saw the two little lights that looked red and blue near the thrid brake light. As soon as he turned onto another main road the undercover started flashing his lights and within seconds a marked cruiser was at the spot.

Originally posted by Sidecar9:

Undercovers are not legal in the state of Ohio as it pertains to moving violations. To top it off, a police officer must be in plain site to issue a ticket as well (ex. must have parcking lights on at night). I was told by an officer, if an unmarked car tries to pull you over, to call the local police dept. before you pull over. Or head to a busy area or business and go inside and wait for them. Furthermore, a bike cop is a cop, and can issue all tickets he wants .. if he can keep up tongue.gif

undercover cops can pull you over, my buddy got pulled over. and i guess cops need their lights on to pull you over

Guest fkncivic
in the state of ohio only cars with the name of their agency in minimum 6 inch lettering can conduct traffic stops. that comes straight out of the orc(ohio revised code).

back home in Marietta, there's always a black crown vic sitting in front of the courthouse with no markings, but it has a shitload of attenas, a spotlight, and state of ohio police license plates. I've never seen that care used for traffic stops, and it rarely leaves it's parking spot in front of the courthouse :D I think it's mainly used for transportation for the higher-ups in the sheriff's department down there.

There was this one time....I was in the parking lot behind one of the buildings at marietta college, where i was working at the time, and me and a friend were waiting on our supervisor to get there. My friend has his ATV in the back, and he thought it was blown up. So, we pulled it out, and started it up to find out it was running fine. He took a few laps around the parking lot, pulled it up behind his truck, and we were about to load it back up when a BLUE crown vic came flying at us with strobes behind the windshield (no markings). A guy in plainclothes with a cast on his arm jumped out and started yelling at us (this was about 8 a.m. on a weekday) saying that we werent allowed on college property. We had to tell him 3 times that we worked there before it registered in his mind. He was trying to threaten to arrest us, and we kept telling him to stick around for our supervisor to get there and straighten everything out. He eventually got pissed and left. To this day, I don't know who that guy was.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ranger_Man

saw one of the unmarked cop cars cruising 270 from the 315 area onward today.

what stands out: coming up from behind you can immediately notice the red city of columbus liscense plate. also this one had two black circles on the truck, im assuming those are radio attennas. it still had the spotlight on it which was the first thing i noticed. it still has the front grille thing that all police cars have. other than that the car was all white had no lights on top and had no definate markings. the lady driving was not wearing a cop hat but did have the uniform on as i could see the state highway patrol patch that they have on the upper arm. oh and it was a crown vic too. so they are infact out there.