Mustang Convertible Boot Question

RadDawg

When I bought my Mustang, it didn't come with a boot cover to go over the convertible top when it is lowered. I've been watching E-Bay, but all I ever see is black ones. Anyone know if Ford ever made them in tan for the 99-04's? My car is green with a tan interior and top, I think a black boot cover would look pretty stupid, and I've never had any good luck trying to dye stuff like that.

I have the black boot, and it's nearly worthless. It's difficult to install, and I don't trust that it will stay on the car at speed. Try and find a fiberglass/urethane tonneau (sp) cover. There's a company that makes them as a 2 piece so it will fit in your trunk.

BTW, why do you think the black boot would look stupid? You won't be able to see the top at all.

Guess I'd have to see one on the car to see how it looks. I've been looking at the Steeda(?) hard cover, but I use my back seat to put the kids in, they whine too much when you make them sit under the hard cover. Trouble is, I love the look of the "speedster" cover from Steeda, especially with the "roll bar". Maybe I just make the kids stay at home.