auto tranny to a 5 speed / gt stang

gt-titan

i did a swap on my 88. not to bad at all.

you cna use your same driveshaft.

list of thigns youll need.

t5 tranny

clutch kit

flywheel

clutch fork

throwout bearing

pilot bearing

pedal assembly

shifter

boot and bezel

fluid

flywheel bolts

bellhousing and bolts

dust shield

transmission harness for the neutral safety switch

i think i spent more time putting in the pedal assembly than i did the tranny swap.

but that aod is a son of a bitch, heavy as fuck.

pm if you need help

Guest GSRchick714
I was looking at a car about a year ago but it was an automatic and I wanted 5spd. so I looked into getting it converted and to get it done at a shop the price ranged from $1200-$2000

good info im going to get a few things at a time and do this , im not sure what's up with the auto tranny im being told it might be miner so will see, where is a good place to find a pedal cluster? and what years will work? thanks.

im not sure what years will work i would jsut get a 94,95 setup. try ebay for them or if your lucky a junk yard.

adn the brake pedal comes out of yours and a clutch and brake assembly will replace it.

i also forgot you have to get a clutch cable lol

Before you swap to the T-5 be absolutely sure what it is you are getting because of subtle differences. For example a 94-95 Cobra input shaft is some thing like 5/8" shorter so make sure of all your parts. I posted a link to D&D above and they are experts of everything. There is a section on the site that explains the differences as well. Also don't forget to get the right speedo gear with your rear gear combo. I have a brothers performance speed calibrator but I am not sure if that will work for the 94-95. It is a straight forward job after you get the parts though (from what I have read from countless people).

d&d kits are way expensive

pedal assembly is easy in sn95 cars, took me 5 minutes when i did it in a 97 gt. and you will have to find a 94-95 bellhousing and tranny, input shafts on the 94-95 are longer than a fox.

u don't have to get a tranny harness, u can splice 2 wires together to trick the neutral safety switch also