Turbo Kits

Guest Redracerx

Guest Redracerx
Does anyone know where I can get a turbo for a BMW 318 is? There very hard to find and I could use some help with the search. I've already talked to Modena Motorsports and Auto exotica, but is there any other places I can get them from? :confused:

Hi Jon,

There are a few turbo m42s out there. You will not find much info on them but they do exist. You will find most people with m42 turbos are in Finland, Sweden and Norway. Sometimes you will get lucky and find a boosted e36 with pictures but very little information.

If you really want to FI an m42, take into account the reality of the car. It's high CR, it's slightly weaker drivetrain and the exponentiation of cost with regards to seeking high hp and trq.

If your still interested in doing it, do it yourself. Just my two pennies.

HTH,

Nate

Guest GSRchick714
Originally posted by White Knight:

Thanks for that. Its not much more power though, maybe higher boost will change that. But thanks again.

No problem....sorry.. I don't know much about your car

:confused:

Guest LOVEMYBMW
Originally posted by 2.slow:

Hi Jon,

There are a few turbo m42s out there. You will not find much info on them but they do exist. You will find most people with m42 turbos are in Finland, Sweden and Norway. Sometimes you will get lucky and find a boosted e36 with pictures but very little information.

If you really want to FI an m42, take into account the reality of the car. It's high CR, it's slightly weaker drivetrain and the exponentiation of cost with regards to seeking high hp and trq.

If your still interested in doing it, do it yourself. Just my two pennies.

HTH,

Nate

This is your third post where you display ill knowledge of BMWs. You know nothing so stop talking. We don't want your opinion or you two pennies so log off! And take your peice of shit car with you!

[/qb]

This is your third post where you display ill knowledge of BMWs. You know nothing so stop talking. We don't want your opinion or you two pennies so log off! And take your peice of shit car with you![/QB]

wow his piece of shit car ran neck and neck with a $50k z06 vette. I wish my car could be so shitty. Fuck off nate nobody likes you. they like this bmw yuppie with 6 posts....

This is your third post where you display ill knowledge of BMWs. You know nothing so stop talking. We don't want your opinion or you two pennies so log off! And take your peice of shit car with you!

wow his piece of shit car ran neck and neck with a $50k z06 vette. I wish my car could be so shitty. Fuck off nate nobody likes you. they like this bmw yuppie with 6 posts....

fixxed smile.gif

Does anyone know if a Supercharger would be better than a turbo for my car, or will anything high power that I want have to be custom made for me?

Hi Jon,

Your best bet is to look elsewhere. No matter what you do to the motor your going to be limited by it. Not to mention, now you are adding additional stress to the drivetrain...meaning you are going to break shit.

Adding any type of forced induction to a base NA car is always expensive.

Guest Redracerx

Well it won't be base for long. I'm just at the researching stage right now. I already have a full exhaust planned, as well as a full strengthing/reinforcing kit for the engine so that it will hold more boost.

I don't plan on just throwing this turbo on, turning up the boost and calling it a day. If I did that I might as well just have a backup engine in my garage.

I haven't gotten into the drivetrain and transmission areas yet because I want to know approx. how much power I intend to be giving them.

So, any companies whatsoever, that have performance parts, or specialize in performance parts, for BMW's would be greatly appreciated.

Guest doggunracing

as well as a full strengthing/reinforcing kit for the engine so that it will hold more boost.

Dood, PepBoyz sells a sweet strengthing kit that will hold tonz of boost.