Auto X magnetic numbers, where to buy?

martindc1

I found several places online but I would like to just go to a store here in Columbus so I can see what I am buying and possibly have them in time for this weekend. A yahoo search for "autocross magnetic numbers" yields many results though.

One place would be www.soloracer.com They ship fast and were easy to deal with when I got my harness through them.

I actually went to an arts and crafts store, bought a sheet of magnetic material that had a white laminate on one side, and cut out my own.

EDIT: Just to add...I think mine cost about $12 to make.

[ 19. April 2005, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Mallard ]

Originally posted by martindc1:

Does anybody know where to get some magnetic numbers for auto-x purposes in Columbus? If not does anyone have an online vendor they recommend?

Superior Signs and Decals

1765 Harrisburg Pike

614-272-9802

They can make you some 30awg (good for 100mph+softens easy) or 60awg (150+mph heavy duty) In any size you want pretty much... had 12"x12" on my car last year... worked great.

Im not too sure of a price because i got mine free since i had a advertisement on my car as well during races.

Heres a pic....

http://www.myfamily.com/isapi.dll/c/content/f/viewproperty/siteid/FfID/contentclass/PICT/contentid/YZZZZZOK/propertyname/Original/~/DSC00183.jpg

Originally posted by Volvolution:

They can make you some 30awg (good for 100mph+softens easy) or 60awg (150+mph heavy duty)

Wow! You are a fast autocrosser.

I also wanted to add that if you plan on only doing it once or twice you might as well just use contact paper or painters tape.

Originally posted by Mallard:

Wow! You are a fast autocrosser.

I also wanted to add that if you plan on only doing it once or twice you might as well just use contact paper or painters tape.

They arent just for autoX... but they do hold... i tested them myself.

You should get some for your 7yp3 R B3473R!!11!!

How was the test and tune??? Is Nava still doing the tracks?

Originally posted by Volvolution:

They arent just for autoX... but they do hold... i tested them myself.

You should get some for your 7yp3 R B3473R!!11!!

How was the test and tune??? Is Nava still doing the tracks?

haha, you're the one that claimed to have the Cavy Type R. My car's just a base Protege...really. ...I wish I was l33t, i mean cool, too.

Test and tune was good. I was the second fastest STX car there. I only lost out to Phil Croy in a nationally prepared WRX.

martindc1 - Street Pilot is right too. I know a guy that used the magnetic vent covers too. You are size limited with those, but they should be readable from a far. I'm partial to making your own since I've seen some people charge outrageous prices for magnets.

Originally posted by Mallard:

haha, you're the one that claimed to have the Cavy Type R.

Test and tune was good. I was the second fastest STX car there. I only lost out to Phil Croy in a nationally prepared WRX.

When did i ever claim that? My AIM name says Z24TypeR but that was made up as a big joke on one of my friends YEARS and YEARS ago... b4 i ever even bought it actuly.

Ive talked to Phil before... real nice guy, knows his shit too... GREAT driver. Hes one of those guys who doesnt have perfect technique, but knows his car well enough to throw it just about anywhere he wants it to go w/o a moments notice. Was Mark still co-piloting with him? :D

I believe his wife was co-driving at the T&T and I beat her but was 7-8 tenths behind Phil. I think she was close to the same interval behind me.

(your 'custom status' read Type R for a while too. And yes, I was fairly sure it was a joke) ;)

Done! I got some magnetic vent covers from lowes and taped on some printouts of numbers and letters and then cut them out. Total cost of materials: $6.05 including a pack of razor-blades.

Edit: I had to print on 8.5x14 BTW because the SCCA mandates a minimum number height of 8 inches and the font I used did not utilize all of its alotted area so a big enough number could not have been printed on 8.5x11. My numbers ended up being around 9.5 inches and my letters were a hair over the minimum 4 inches.

[ 21. April 2005, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: martindc1 ]