S-13 Experience

Guest Rane

Anyone had experience with different exhaust on the S-13 240sx? Also, if my car isn't turbo'd yet and I am planning on turbo'ing later would this effect the exhaust I should go with? Or will one work better with how my car is now, and one work better with the turbo motor? (/Needs to learn more.)

grab any 3" catback you like. the more you spend the better it will be(most of the time) the 5zigen exhaust that SPLparts sells is really nice. anything you get that comes from the homeland is gona be designed for turbo. stick with around a 3" and you'll be happy later, might drop a little tourque now though.

So, if I buy an exhaust for the Sr20det will this lower or still increase my cars output but just not by as much untill I have the turbo motor to go along with it. Are you using the 5zigen? You like it better then Greddy or HKS exhaust? Thanks for the info.

I've had an Apex'i N1 Dual for about, 4 years now.. Designed for an SR but works fine for a KA since its a little smaller than some other exhausts (~2.75" if I remember correctly).

[ 21. November 2004, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Morgan ]

Well if I'm thinking right, on an N/A 240 it would be headers to cat to catback. On a turboed car it would be turbo to downpipe to cat to catback. So the catback and test pipe/cat will fit up but anything before that will be swapped out with a turbo.

Also, 2.5" is good for N/A. 3" is better for turboed cars, so you should go ahead and get a 3".

i have a blitz now, i've also had a greddy pe. the blitz is superior in workmanship and materials.it

s also all stainless.wich is something you'll probably want in ohio. the 5zigen is probably the cheapest you're gonna find in all stainless.

Guest timmybgood
just get whatever exhaust you plan to use on your SR, don't upgrade twice. the differences(both positive and negative) of using a larger exhaust are negligible on the KA, unless you're going all motor...but you ain't