WTF is dual v-tec?

Kevin R.

Me and my buddy went for a little pick-town cruise tonight. Hit a light with some "gangstas" in a red civic who thought there were hard shit. Obviously 10 ft later I had won that race, pulled over to talk with them cuz them and another car did.

They turned out to be decently cool, but i got some good laughs at their conversation with my buddy.

He said he was saving up for "dual v-tec". WTF is that? I don't get this whole v tec deal. graemlins/gay.gif

That guy had no idea what the fuck he was talking about and was speaking in stupid.

He MAY have been referring to a DOHC VTEC engine like a B16 or something. I think he just heard it from one of his boys and he gots to get him some of that shit... graemlins/gay.gif

i've been a honda guy for about 6 years now and i've never heard of dual vtec he had to of meant dohc vtec like olds555 said. but you don't need 2 cams to go fast 1 is just fine 13.42 @ 105.47 and my best mph has been 107.47 traction owns me.

Guest Roger Hupp
Only thing I can think of is maybe one of the exhaust valves opens slightly like the regular v-tec intake valve does, then goes to full operation when the target RPM/oil pressure is reached. Who knows? Im not even into hondas and probably still know more than the avg honda stoop when it comes to how the vtec works.