Nitrous Kit for 302 carb

ShoMeSomeFun

I have a carb 302 ranger, I need to know what type of kit to use, im not real sure as where to look, some stuff about the engine, 600 cfm holley carb, engine orginally came from 89 5.0l mustang, was fuel injected converted to carb for ease of swap into truck, a edelbrock performer intake manifold, small cam, everything has been rebuilt, and (a c6 trans if that matters at all)

Guest rperry74
I agree with the dual plane suggestion. Unless it has been cammed accordingly and has heads to use it, the single plane will be a big dissapointment, especially when not at full throttle.

6you said the engine was rebuilt. what parts are in the bottom end? if you are using cast pistons ans cast iron rings, dont go any bigger than a 100 shot. if you have forged pistons and good molly rings, you can run more.

ditto for the dual plane, you may want to look into milling the divider some just to give the n20/fuel more chance to mix with the air/fuel from the spray bar, but not to much or you will start to lose the low end benifit from the dual plane manifold.

also, what type of exhaust setup are you running? you will need a good exhaust to remove all the extra spent gasses made by the n20.

Im runnig a true dual 2.5" exhaust setup, done by exhaust works, i looked into the top-shot, it should the thing that goes inside the air filter, and it was about 500 dollars it was in summits magazine, so im wondering if it comes with a whole nitous setup or just that piece anybody know.