3si quick pass

dragknee66

Just a little somethin somethin

10.88@130mph on all stock parts, ICs, motor and all. Pretty nice. Not bad for a "HEAVY, FAT PIG, SLOW ASS, SLED"

QUOTE from another site

Took the 92 RT TT with DR-800's to the track today

As allot of you know we have been having a problem finding a track around here that’s not closed for the winter. We have 3 tracks all 100-120miles away.

Roswell (closed for winter) ~3600 ft, by far the fastest track around here

El Paso (closed for winter) close to 5000ft 2nd fastest track around here

Deming’s Arroyo Seco (open today for a money bracket race) over 5000ft and by far the slowest track around here, I only go there if we have no other choice, My cars typically run 1/2 second slower there then in Roswell. Dew to the thinner air, and that there is no way to drive around the water box.

So we get up a 5AM and make the 100 mile drive, knowing full well that we are only going to get 3 test/tune runs before the bracket race starts (3 run punch card).

1st pass I lean the car out a bit for the higher Altitude, Set the boost to were on the street I was making ~27psi, BFG drags (my tires) at 22psi

60ft 1.727 (BAD tire spin!!)

1/4 ET 10.882

1/4 MPH 129.71 mph

boost peeked at 27.2psi

Man After this shake down pass I was Excited! Car felt strong, now I need more boost.

Set the DSBC back to the setting that was 30psi on the street, the pass was GRATE till the about 150 ft before the end of the track when POP I blue off a IC pipe!! (Grumble HKS hard pipe kit). So I coast the last part of the track.

60ft 1.713 (still lots of tire spin)

1/4 ET 10.910

1/4 MPH 114.47 mph (lololol you got to love that!)

boost hit 29.6psi

Nothing like running a 10 at 114mph, I'm going to frame this time slip.

We get the IC pipe back on. This is my last test and tune pass, time to go all out, Time to put the NOS in the car, NOS jetted for 35hp, set tire pressure to 18psi. Now with NOS armed I get back in line.

6500rpm, light goes green I let out the clutch, and BAM, CRUNCH, GRIND!! SHIT! exploded the transfer case!

All and all I am VERY happy, 10.88@129.7mph on the car with this set-up's only full 1/4 mile pass. and a 10.91@114mph coasting.

This set-up is just sick.

Stock bottom end

Stock cams

No cam gears

No FMIC

No NOS

At the slowest track around

And tied my Best time that I ran in my 95 stealth, when it had a

8.5 to 1 3.1L motor

Street cams

Cam gears

FMIC

with NOS

and in Roswell.

True... BUT..

This guy was out testing the turbos, cause he sells them. So its quite obvious he abuses the living crapola out of his cars. Someone with a little more control wouldnt have exploded a tcase... more than likely tongue.gif

But 10.80s @ 130mph traps = shit breaks!!

Originally posted by turbotalont56:

IC hose popping off doesnt equal "breaking something" :rolleyes:

3/S cars have been around since 91. Aftermarket parts have been around about 5 years--seriously.

the transfer case did go out, but thats because he has a 91 with the 18 spline, take it to kormex and have them put a 25 spline in and he wont have anymore problems

Originally posted by Mr Blunt 2gnt:

30 psi + awd + 6cyl = 10s

Nice

Up until 2 years ago there were NO (read: ZERO) options for rebuilding the transmissions and the transfer case recall wasnt out yet. Less than 3 shops in the country even bothered to try to run them because it was so silly expensive. Take a 3800 lb car and a 6k launch and youre looking at $4k for a tranny even if a synchro just went bad or replacing the junk t-case every-other trip to the track. MUCH MUCH cheaper options in drag-racing and breaking stuff ;)

That being said, the 3000 never was or never will be a drag-car, but with the growing aftermarket the past couple of years it is showing it can hold its own as a pure street car.

If i was comparing pure superficial magazine stats i guess 0-60 in under 3 seconds, 1/4 mile in the low 11s, top speed of 200+mph in a 3800lb awd 6-spd car with 18s and 4-piston calipers stock sounds pretty shitty for less than $50k (car + mods).

It just must need a bull on the hood to be appreciated tongue.gif