RX-7 Tranni align - How the HELL do you get this tranni to lineup!?!?

Veritas

This is for the RX-7.

OK Im really fucking tired of messing with this transmission. It won't line up to my damn engine or something, because i get it within less then an inch of lining up or maybe an inch, and then it wont move anymore. If anyone here who knows about rx-7's or just lining up trannis period could help me out i got a few dollars and lunch for you if you can help me out today.

PM for details etc.

It sounds like your input shaft splines aren't lined up with the clutch disk. If you can try to rotate the clutch disk a little either by pulling on it or by turning the engine by its crank pulley. That engine may not have a crank, but it should have a main pulley anyway. I've been through that a few times.

Evan

Originally posted by Tractor:

It sounds like your input shaft splines aren't lined up with the clutch disk. If you can try to rotate the clutch disk a little either by pulling on it or by turning the engine by its crank pulley. That engine may not have a crank, but it should have a main pulley anyway. I've been through that a few times.

Evan

This man speaks the truth but the crank pulley is a bitch to get to with the stock fan shroud. Try using one of the 4 belts to turn the motor. I also lubricate the splines with some lithium grease to aid in the joining.

Is your clutch slave removed from the trans housing? If not, your "push type" system is pushing against you.

Lastly, IF your trans is resting SECURELY on the jack (I use bungy straps), the shaft is lined up in the hole, and your car is SAFELY on it's jack stands, lay on your back with your feet on the rear of the trans and use your legs to push the trans forward. That should provide the most leverage. BE SAFE!

shut up brandon.

no i didn't graemlins/nonono.gif

Sucker went on straight as spit once i had the proper alignment tool. They had given me the wrong damn alignment tool, i don't even know what car this thing goes to :| Ah well it's on now, time to just put stuff back together; just need to figure out how all the old ecu shit goes back in again heh. WOOT!

T.c.

Originally posted by Veritas:

shut up brandon.

no proublem, and i except paypal payments as well tongue.gif

no i didn't graemlins/nonono.gif

Sucker went on straight as spit once i had the proper alignment tool. They had given me the wrong damn alignment tool, i don't even know what car this thing goes to :| Ah well it's on now, time to just put stuff back together; just need to figure out how all the old ecu shit goes back in again heh. WOOT!

T.c.