Nissan Pathfinder

Devils Advocate

I have the chance to pick up a 94 for really cheap. It's an XE-V6. with 4wd, and all power options. Has anybody had any experience witht his, firsthand or otherwise? I like the way the truck rides and feels, and would be willing to get rid of my bike to pay for part of it. Thanks in advance.

yeah the starters are the same for about all japanese cars and trucks. You just have to replace the solenoid contacts inside the starter every 140,000 miles for a cost of like 20 cents. I've done many of them. Some on the trail even.

Evan.

I had one, a very reliable truck.

The ignition can stick sometimes, unless it has been replaced. The stock alarm is trash, and can cause qwirky electrical problems.

The only major problem they have is the automatic tranny. The tranny cooler consists of a small screen in the lower portion of the radiator. This clogs very easily, and if that happens the tranny will overheat and self destruct. Good news though, its a simple remedy. As soon as you get it, buy an external tranny cooler (hayden for example) and install it to BYPASS the stock filter/cooler. Add a filter for extra measure if you feel up to it.

If you dont mind my asking, what is this good deal you are getting?

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by Republicant:

it's blue booked at 3k, but since it's my girlfriend's family's, I could get it for around 2.

I <3 girlfriends.

Did I tell you what Jen's mom got me for X-Mas?