Nissan Offroading info/websites.

Devils Advocate

Originally posted by Republicant:

Yeah, The Pathfinder might see some offroad duties if I get bored. Anyone have any info on how durable these are off the beaten path?

Put some 31" x 10.50" BF Goodrich A/T All Terrain tires on it, and you'll be find for anything you could possibly find in central Ohio. For Athens, find some friends that also have four wheel drives, and don't leave the pavement without them. Once you get used to, and good at driving off-road, you shouldn't have any problems. Please don't take that as an insult to your driving skills, as it takes time to adjust to a completely different way of driving.

I suggest checking front wheel bearings, CV joints and boots, and lock in/lock out hubs for wear. If equipped with automatic hubs, replace them with manual ones. Make sure the transfer case engages. To check, find a parking lot with some empty space. Put it into four wheel drive with the hubs locked in, high or low range, doesn't matter. Crank the steering wheel to either side while moving slowly. If you feel the front end wanting to bind, maybe even hop, then it's working fine. If it feels like it would in two wheel drive, get the four wheel drive system checked out.

4x4parts.com

AC makes custom parts for nissans, and the discussion board there has everything you could want to know about pathys.

a couple more good ones:

http://www.nissanoffroad.net/

www.off-road.com/nissan (good for news)

pathfinders can take quite the beating. Some of the setups on those boards are crazy. Let me know when you want to get it dirty, I'll go with. smile.gif

go to my clubs website and you'll find a few nissian guru's on there. Plush Fab customs had a really nice 2002 truck that he totally hacked up and did a solid axle swap on. It did well, but anything can get stuck.

Evan