Anyone familar with Methanol injection?

Boost-n-Juice

Guest vee21

I have been running alcohol injection on my EVO for several months now. The biggest advantage that I see is that I can run more boost and add some ignition advance and still run the car safely with no knock. So far I haven’t seen any problems and the car is pretty quick. It would definitely help in a super charged car because it will also cool down the air entering the motor. The cost hasn’t been too bad; I use about a gallon every three to four fuel tank fill ups. I could run methanol but I am a little worried about the corrosive issues with it.

Shad

Originally posted by PTP Performance:

I do like your point about the pump failing or the nozzle clogging. But couldnt it be true about fuel pumps as well just giving out. I know the fuel pump would be as harmful cause the engine would just shut off, unlike if your relying on the meth injection for power and A/F.

Doesnt the addition of the water/alky/meth help with gas mileage? On my old Spearco water injection kit i vaguley remmeber the directions mentioning better gas mileage.

Sure, fuel pumps can give out at any time. Definitely why it's a good idea to have a fuel pressure gauge in the cockpit. Now if I could have a pressure gauge for the water pump for the Snow kit so I would KNOW I had good pressure all the time then I would run water injection without hesitation and just clean the nozzle frequently to avoid clogs. Does anyone know if that's possible to put a gauge in the cockpit to watch the water pump for the injection kit?

Not sure about the gas mileage thing.