oil leak in my turbo

pg

so i just got my first oil change ever with 3000 miles on the srt-4 and the guy tells me that i have an oil leak in my turbo!!! this angers me because i have already had a boost leak that i had to get fixed does anyone know or think that this should be covered in the warranty? it should be right? its a brand new car! :mad:

yeah thats what i was going to do, im so pissed, i love this car to death, shes great, but god if this keeps happening im going to be in big shit with modding because i cant get certain parts for the car without it voiding the warranty. this sucks

You would be buring oil if the turbo is leaking. I mean, how could there be any on the housing? That shit gets Hot HOt HOT!!

Edit: if it is, GET A BIGGER ONE! Broken stuff is an excuse to go faster. :D

easier said then the turbo is can not be swapped out it is part of the exhaust manifiold. I wouldn't worry about it it will be covered under warrenty I would say if you have the extra $$$ go with the stage 3 upgrade (bigger turbo and ported exhaust manifold)

Yes that is covered under your warranty. I have heard of a lot of SRT-4's having that problem. And sometimes it comes back even after it is fixed. I have also heard of some people doing some kind of mod that fixes it to. I would suggest checking out www.neons.org , www.neonsonline.com , and www.srtforums.com to for more info if it comes back.

Guest nevarmore
Mopar has a great program to mod that car. Its done at the dealer and doesn't void the warranty. An associate who isn't on this board has done a stage 2 upgrade and loves it.

Originally posted by Rotary Jihad:

Mopar has a great program to mod that car. Its done at the dealer and doesn't void the warranty. An associate who isn't on this board has done a stage 2 upgrade and loves it.

Got to it before me...Mopar upgrades done at the dealership are covered under the warranty

yeah i dont think having drew fix it would be the best idea hes all about his dsms not really my car but thats a funny comment marc thats great news that its covered in the warranty i looked in the owners manual but it was a little vauge fixing the leak my self considering i dont know what some of you were talking about is a horrible idea yeah thats what im going to do is get the stages put on and the larger exhaust, but i have to get it all done at the dealer because if i dont that will void the warranty SWEET thanks guys