First Evo Dyno at Quantum Racing

Guest Bluesmaster

Whats a bone stock EVO dyno again? I know most stock 3/s cars that are rated at 320hp put down 22x at all fours so just curious if the EVO is that bad as well. If so, that might explain the numbers. Ton of money for 340 at the wheels when you think an 04 cobra (for same money stock) or little older supra (for less) will put down 100 more than that with like two mods. Hell, hes got damn near (quick math) what ive got in the VR4 and i hope to have a tad more than 400awhp ;)

The other part of the equation is that were not used to hearing about awd dyno #s so its hard to compare it to a healthy Big16g dsm or another evo or whatever. Since we dont have any track times / trap speeds (i know i know ill be quiet tongue.gif ) its hard to say how well its doing comparatively.

It is a good looking car though--nice wheels :cool:

[ 08. May 2004, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: turbotrio ]

Originally posted by EvilEvo:

I think bone stock Evos dyno 22X also. Stock is what, 275-276hp at the crank I think?

that is correct sir. anywhere from 210 to 225 at the wheels for a stock evo. 278 at the crank, according to mitsu.

for comparison, buschers evo is going 11.65@118 in the quarter, and has 380 whp and 350 tq. with their stage four kit. stock turbo, even.

Guest Bluesmaster
Originally posted by turbotrio:

Whats a bone stock EVO dyno again? I know most stock 3/s cars that are rated at 320hp put down 22x at all fours so just curious if the EVO is that bad as well. If so, that might explain the numbers. Ton of money for 340 at the wheels when you think an 04 cobra (for same money stock) or little older supra (for less) will put down that with like two mods. Hell, hes got damn near (quick math) what ive got in the VR4 and i hope to have a tad more than 400awhp ;)

The other part of the equation is that were not used to hearing about awd dyno #s so its hard to compare it to a healthy Big16g dsm or another evo or whatever. Since we dont have any track times / trap speeds (i know i know ill be quiet tongue.gif ) its hard to say how well its doing comparatively.

It is a good looking car though--nice wheels :cool:

My Evo is being setup for road racing, it isn't meant to be a drag car. If I pulled the cat, turned up the boost and ran race gas I'm sure with full tuning the numbers would go up dramatically. All of which proves nothing. What my car will do is corner at high speed in addition to being fast in a straight line. Not something a VR4 or Mustang does remotely as well. Not to mention stopping or slaloming better than almost any car on the road. The correct tool for the intended job. If I wanted to drag race or do high speed runs the Evo would not be the best car for the job. And yes, I have spent a lot of money on the car. My money, my choice.

Bluesmaster

[ 08. May 2004, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Bluesmaster ]

What my car will do is corner at high speed in addition to being fast in a straight line. Not something a VR4 or Mustang does remotely as well.
ah man, you done did it now.

i love the evo, but i know a few vr4 and mustang owners that would love the opportunity to meet you on a road course.

waiting for the less tactful portion of cr to read that post.

Originally posted by Bluesmaster:

My Evo is being setup for road racing, it isn't meant to be a drag car. If I pulled the cat, turned up the boost and ran race gas I'm sure with full tuning the numbers would go up dramatically. All of which proves nothing. What my car will do is corner at high speed in addition to being fast in a straight line. Not something a VR4 or Mustang does remotely as well. Not to mention stopping or slaloming better than almost any car on the road. The correct tool for the intended job. If I wanted to drag race or do high speed runs the Evo would not be the best car for the job. And yes, I have spent a lot of money on the car. My money, my choice.

Bluesmaster

Sounds like a lot of excuses.

It's an AWD car, you don't need a suspension setup for drag racing.

What my car will do is corner at high speed in addition to being fast in a straight line. Not something a VR4 or Mustang does remotely as well.

My comments (although possibly construed as critical) were actually just my own thoughts on "bang-for-the-buck" i guess. 340awhp is nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about on a stock turbo car. Not even saying id rather have a cobra than an EVO with the power difference. Spending what you have to make a 340awhp car on the other hand.....

But like you said, your money, your car ;)

Im glad you built the car to do more than just drag race--so did i. And since youre awfully confident yours will do much better at it than "any mustang or vr4" how bout we meet up at the next ledges day? Cant think of a better place to test your theory--since the nice long straits wont have any reflection at all on which car is making more power ;) Im sure youre not worried though since my 4000lb boat will have to practically come to a stop at the first corner huh tongue.gif You game?

Or i guess i could just pull the dig/roll/ledges card and see if youre up for a wager? Best 2-outta-3 sound fair? graemlins/nutkick.gif

Since all you guys do is "road race" im sure youve got the schedule for the next track date--lemme know graemlins/thumb.gif

And yes, i know you would beat me at the local auto-x course--so would a stock miata graemlins/gay.gif

If I pulled the cat, turned up the boost and ran race gas I'm sure with full tuning the numbers would go up dramatically. All of which proves nothing.

How much extra does a full tune cost?

Also what was the point in posting dyno numbers if all you're gonna do is road race?

Psst - EVO's are also better at hauling children and groceries. ;)

I remember seeing your car at the show, nice ride.

Comparing dyno numbers from one to another is pretty much worthless. Until other cars are run on their new dyno its hard to tell.

Turbotrio when was the last time you have been up to Nelson? Have you gone since the track has been repaved? I have not been there for 5 years since the last time I was there it was so shitty it broke my clutch fork. Was a pretty sad track IMO.

Originally posted by Rally Red Evo:

Turbotrio when was the last time you have been up to Nelson? Have you gone since the track has been repaved? I have not been there for 5 years since the last time I was there it was so shitty it broke my clutch fork. Was a pretty sad track IMO.

Ive actually never run there--just midohio quite a few times. I just know its a hell of a lot easier to get on and MUCH cheaper to run on ($100 a day last year?)

Id prefer just going down 315 at 2am but i figured that would be out of the question tongue.gif

Guest Ranger_Man

Since all you guys do is "road race" im sure youve got the schedule for the next track date--lemme know graemlins/thumb.gif
summit point may 13

nelson ledges may 21

putnam park may 22

beaverun may 24

nelson ledges may 28

sorry to break both your hearts, but my car is still faster in the twisties :D .

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by Rally Red Evo:

Comparing dyno numbers from one to another is pretty much worthless. Until other cars are run on their new dyno its hard to tell.

nelson is nice-r but it is still a hole.

Ive actually never run there--just midohio quite a few times. I just know its a hell of a lot easier to get on and MUCH cheaper to run on ($100 a day last year?)

Id prefer just going down 315 at 2am but i figured that would be out of the question tongue.gif

I race at Mid Ohio usually 5-6 times a year. Not much incentive to go to Nelson when Mid Ohio is 50 minutes away. I think I am going to head up to Nelson once this year.

Guest Bluesmaster

I started this thread to inform anyone interested about the new dyno at Quantum. However, everyone seems to want to turn it into something else. Have at it, I'm finished.

Bluesmaster

I started this thread to inform anyone interested about the new dyno at Quantum. However, everyone seems to want to turn it into something else. Have at it, I'm finished.

Bluesmaster

You really are the "bluesmaster" http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/sad/mecry.gif

:D .. couldn't resist.. try not to take everyone so seriously around here... especially that turbotrio guy. ;)

congrats on the numbers, btw. :cool: