Busa recall part 2

NinjaNick

Bout time you came out of the shadows :D

How's the new bike?

:)

The new bike is titties and beer.

~270 miles already, trying to keep the Rs down and varied till I get to the 600 mile service :) Rode with a friend (RSV 1000) from Delaware to Lane Ave, had dinner, back to sawmill and around Polaris tonight. Couldn't be happier.

~270 miles already, trying to keep the Rs down and varied till I get to the 600 mile service :) Rode with a friend (RSV 1000) from Delaware to Lane Ave, had dinner, back to sawmill and around Polaris tonight. Couldn't be happier.

Glad to hear it man! :)

Break her in like you stole her... NO JOKE...

Break her in like you stole her... NO JOKE...

:werd: Bikes are faster when broken in like that too.

I've done that to all my bikes and constantly change the oil towards the first 2000 until I put synthetic in them and they run STRONG forever. I sold my last bike at near 20,000 miles from brand new when I bought it and I didn't have one problem with that bike.

The main key to break in is to stay away from keeping the same RPM on the bike for any length of time.

The somewhat proven technique is to before you ride it let it idle up to around 200 degrees. Shut down and let cool for 15 minutes at least.

Then start it up run it for 5 minutes varying load (accel and decel) on the motor.

Shut down and let cool again for 15 minutes. Then ride it as you would and try to as much as possible vary the load from accel to decel constantly.

The more you accelerate and decel (engine braking) the better the seals will seat.