02/03 Z06 Or 03/04 Cobra

Wease

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, and depending on how sadistic you are this may sway your opinion:

People don't mind losing to a Z06 so much, but they hate, HATE, losing to a Mustang. Cobra or no. In other words, its much more fun rubbing people's noses in it in a Cobra, cuz you just KNOW, you KNOW, that guy in the other car is frigging hating life losing to a domestic dinosaur low buck found on road dead. That goes for many folks on here and pretty much every snot nosed kid in a slammed honda you'll come across on the road.

Nothing in life is so sweet as making a hater chew on it.

Course, I'm just a jerk that way.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

In other words, its much more fun rubbing people's noses in it in a Cobra, cuz you just KNOW, you KNOW, that guy in the other car is frigging hating life losing to a domestic dinosaur low buck found on road dead.

That's it! My mind's made up, Cobra it is... ;):D

Z06 better quality? That's hard to swallow. I say Cobra if you plan on racing it and modding it (which I know you will). Ford events make Chevy events look stupid, you've got FFW and NMRA. If you're looking for something to "pimp" and some occasional track time then I would go with the Z06 hands down.

Originally posted by Regulate:

Lemme mention, though....

Wait, my turn:

Rolling up to the owner of an LS1 who knows their car is faster than your run-of-the-mill 03/04 Cobra and most anything else on the road and watching their faces when you walk them because they too are pushing 500+ RWHP/RWTQ and trapping 125+ with just bolt on's. :D

Now that's funny... tongue.gif

Lemme mention, though....

Rolling up to the owner of a '03-04 Cobra who knows their car is faster than your run-of-the-mill Firebird and most anything else on the road and watching their faces when you walk them.

That's funny ;)

I remember a certain Firebird getting beat by not 1 but two 03 Cobra's. A lot of HP not always such a good thing. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Eatonup:

I remember a certain Firebird getting beat by not 1 but two 03 Cobra's. A lot of HP not always such a good thing. tongue.gif

The track speaks for itself ;)

Not to mention, I plan on running my DRs at 15psi on the street full-time this summer redface.gif

Originally posted by Wease:

Wait, my turn:

Rolling up to the owner of an LS1 who knows their car is faster than your run-of-the-mill 03/04 Cobra and most anything else on the road and watching their faces when you walk them because they too are pushing 500+ RWHP/RWTQ and trapping 125+ with just bolt on's. :D

Now that's funny... tongue.gif

My Formula > Your Formula

You give up too easily tongue.gif

You give up too easily tongue.gif

It has nothing to do with giving up. It has to do with the fact that I do very well financially and I'm ready to move on to another car. I can only own something 3 or 4 years before I get bored with it and want something else. Besides, I've proved plenty with my car. Running quicker than some heads/cam cars is quite an accomplishment, considering how little I've put into it. Time to get something else and have some fun with it... graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Wease:

It has nothing to do with giving up. It has to do with the fact that I do very well financially and I'm ready to move on to another car. I can only own something 3 or 4 years before I get bored with it and want something else. Besides, I've proved plenty with my car. Running quicker than some heads/cam cars is quite an accomplishment, considering how little I've put into it. Time to get something else and have some fun with it... graemlins/thumb.gif

If it were me doing that well financially, I'd keep the Bird and buy something else. Ya know, start a collection of fast cars ;)

The track speaks for itself ;)

Not to mention, I plan on running my DRs at 15psi on the street full-time this summer redface.gif

You do have impressive track times. :cool: Just don't go messing with Cobra's on the street. :D

Originally posted by Eatonup:

You do have impressive track times. :cool: Just don't go messing with Cobra's on the street. :D

I'd imagine it would be just as difficult for you guys due to the IRS, but I'd found out the hard way that's not true smile.gif

Garage space? Build a pole barn smile.gif

Garage space? Build a pole barn smile.gif

Cars aren't everything, I plan to retire early. ;) And don't forget, I have a 14 year old daughter (yes, I'm only 30) who starts college in less than 4 years. Lots of stuff to plan for and buy, other than more cars... smile.gif