GREENWOOD CAMARO

Sawbinder

I have a buddy of mine who's dad just gave him an 83 greenwood camaro. The car has only 13,000 original miles is a convertible and is one of only 18 made by greenwood. He knows the motor is a balanced and blueprinted, but he not sure if it is an LS1 or not . He said it has dual carbs on it. Does anybody know where I might be able to find out some more information on it? Thanks for the help in advance.

Originally posted by SAWBINDER:

I have a buddy of mine who's dad just gave him an 83 greenwood camaro. The car has only 13,000 original miles is a convertible and is one of only 18 made by greenwood. He knows the motor is a balanced and blueprinted, but he not sure if it is an LS1 or not . He said it has dual carbs on it. Does anybody know where I might be able to find out some more information on it? Thanks for the help in advance.

Well I can tell you for sure it's not an LS1 ;)

Guest Tony_K
Originally posted by HIgh Risk:

No LS1 in 83, hell was TBI even on F bodies then?

Crossfire baby!!!!

...uh, but "he said it has dual carbs"

But "Greenwood," IIRC, is a company that mods them, like Callaway, so I wouldn't be surprised to see dual carbs. ( :confused: )

I searched and found a lot of stuff on Greenwood corvettes, but couldn't find any info on camaros. If its the same company they did a lot of Le Mans racing in the mid 70's. Seems they do mostly performance and aero body kits for C4's and C5's currently. Here is their website greenwoodcorvettes.net

There is contact info at their site, so you could inquire if they did work on a limited number of camaros in the early 80's.

I found out that it has crossfire injection. the car came with a set of bbs rims and that it has a touch pad to start the car. my friend is trying to get some photos and looking gor some more info himself.