Air Craft Remover

88lx5oh

i dont want to remove the tire, and i need it done buy wed around morning.. i jsut want the lip removed of paint so i can half ass polish it for now. i started with the aircraft remover, and its not working so well. and im not riding to bike night with a gayed up rear wheel

I've helped a couple buddies remove the outer-lip paint with aircraft paint stripper. On an older ZX7, it worked really well. On a near-new Busa, it didn't work worth a shit. The ZX7 had medium gray to begin with; the Busa had near black. On the Busa, we ended up masking the lip off 2-3 times and reapplying the shit. Never did turn out like the ZX7 wheels, but looked pretty good from 10 feet away.

Good luck.

its workin ok.. but i have to really scrub thepowder coating off, and even using a putty knife type deal. and the metal is not very clean/ shiny underneath. im gonan have to sand it afterwards for sure.. which is nto a problem. but its jsut gettin that damn powder coating off. i have 1/2 of what i want stripped.. done. but it took me forever. and its pain staking. apply the stripper.. wait forever.. hit it wiht the putty knife/3m pad... pressure wash.. 3m pad.. then i gotta sand the bajesus out of it after its all done. then polish. i hate workling on a simple project this long lol