Worked on the supra...

Art

Spent about 13 hours working on the Supra yesterday.

Brakes were out...it was master cylinder (so glad it wasn't a line).

New valve cover seals, my spark plugs used to take oil baths often.

NEW TURBO! The old turbo has been blowing so much oil, quite a bit of shaft play. The turbo took the longest... It is the original turbo on a 250k mile car... I COUULD NOT GET IT OFF THE EXHAUST SIDE!

Took off the exhaust manifold to find 3 cracks, my cousin Ian welded it (I know it is cast and might not hold, but it is worth the $300 for a new one to try to just weld this).

So after all of that, on the way home, well, it wasnts to over heat now and I get figure that out today.

The exhaust leak is fixed and I can hear a SLIGHT valve tick. Oh well what do you do?

My valve tick is almost as loud as my girls 98 vtec prelude...IMO one of the loudest ticking, and it's "normal" engines I have ever heard.

Just put in some alumaseal, enigne is done overheating... I know it is horrible on the radiator but it will be replaced this summer smile.gif

Also, I think I got the oil all out of the plugs (replaced valve seals, blew out the oil but a little bit I couldnt get out.) because with driving it a bit today, the miss is now gone to. Running smooth!