James hensler and my car

OGRE

I posted this here because i've talked to alot of people asking about my car the past couple days and would like to post what was found, this is the message I gave james.

"James,

I picked up my car from the shop today, and this is what we found.

First off the ring gear was only slightly off (possibly because of the issue we had with the pinion nut backing off) which is not a big deal. It was just a little deep, pretty much a non issue.

But we also found while taking apart the rearend was that a carrier bearing was spun on the carrier, apparently caused by something getting into the bearing, from dirt, material from break in, we don't know. picture posted of the race below.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/141/picture_001.jpg

These were the only issues, I do not consider you at fault for the condition of the rearend, I totally overlook the issue about the pinion nut as no one is perfect, I understand that.

Thank you for your time, hope to see you again soon.

Joel"

Guest James C Hensler

The bearing is pressed onto the carrier. It cant spin or the carrier would be cut in two. This bearing had a roller go bad. There is several threads on every mustang boards all over the net talking about it. Even on new untouched rearends. When you inspected the rear was anything out of spec??? If you say the pinion was a couple of thou deep that is because you told me that you wanted to race the car some and we do that because the housing flexes on launch and when it flexes you will have more contact by doing so. Even this new rear setup that you did will move every time you launch and thats because you are using a crush collor not a solid spacer.

Other than to stir up some shit why even post this!

Originally posted by James C Hensler:

The bearing is pressed onto the carrier. It cant spin or the carrier would be cut in two. This bearing had a roller go bad. There is several threads on every mustang boards all over the net talking about it. Even on new untouched rearends. When you inspected the rear was anything out of spec??? If you say the pinion was a couple of thou deep that is because you told me that you wanted to race the car some and we do that because the housing flexes on launch and when it flexes you will have more contact by doing so. Even this new rear setup that you did will move every time you launch and thats because you are using a crush collor not a solid spacer.

Other than to stir up some shit why even post this!

Just a guess:

Quite a few people knew that he was having problems with his rear-end, and quite a few people knew you set it up. What he's saying is that the problems he had with the rear weren't your fault.

Chill James, not everything on this board is a swing at you.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

Quite a few people knew that he was having problems with his rear-end, and quite a few people knew you set it up. What he's saying is that the problems he had with the rear weren't your fault.

That is exactly why. Because some people DO have a bad image of Hensler Racing in columbus, and many people may have thought that my trouble was James' fault but I would tell anyone when i was talking about it, and many will agree, I always said, i would reserve judgment untill i got to take a hard look at what was going on back there.

The noise, vibration ect. wes caused by a bearing, that was spun on the right side of the carrier, when we pulled it apart there was no need for a remover for the bearing, it could be removed with my fingers.

This was caused by something getting into the bearing/race. There were 2 chipped teeth on the ring gear, we believe that they had nothing to do with the bearing problem

I never said anything you did was wrong, James. Why get defencive? I thought i would see a post from you saying, "glad to hear everything turned out well, look us up when you need a motor built, blah blah blah"

but unfortunatly I was wrong, i'm not going to turn this into a bash hensler thread, and hope no one else does either, i never intended it to be. James, you brought the negitivity in here all by yourself.

Just a guess:

Chill James, not everything on this board is a swing at you.

Jason I see your point, but why was the thread called James Hensler and my car. If he is not trying to say it was James fault, then he needs to change the title of this thread.

Originally posted by The Vette:

Jason I see your point, but why was the thread called James Hensler and my car. If he is not trying to say it was James fault, then he needs to change the title of this thread.

not if he was trying to bring attention to the fact that its NOT henslers fault. the point was to exonerate james of any bad press he may be getting for this. it makes sense to have hensler in the thread title.

Remember I started out Defending the shop!

So, james said it can't happen, and you say that it's hard to believe. well crap, i must be a liar.

Or am I just more of an Ogre than anyone believed smile.gif

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/141/diff.jpg

You can change your name now joel. the easter bunny has come and gone.

i tried, it won't let me have shrek back :(

Maybe i should change it to big liar, because 2 mustang experts told me my car couldn't be broken the way thier vast expertice dictated. because As anyone who knows Hensler Racing, knows they are NEVER WRONG and can work out any problem with your mustang without even inspecting it. graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by COLD AIR:

NOT a bash of James, but did the GM guy fix it tongue.gif

yup, btw i've seen a solid 85-ish cutlass sitting here in hilliard, if your still looking for a parts car, i could ask.

Guest James C Hensler

Joel I offered to fix it months ago! Ok a pressed on bearing spun! It's a 1st but ok it happened. The pic of the race showed pitting from where the roller went bad. Why flame me though. Was the bearing installed wrong or did it go bad on its own. Still I offered! I hope you the very best and if it makes you feel better I'm glad its fixed.

For the record Hensler Racing will never use any used parts for any reason a customer wants us to! If you think otherwise, try me!