nice civic

Boost-n-Juice

Originally posted by Ricochet:

You sir, are an ignorant retard. Have you ever driven a Civic with an H22 swap and upgraded suspension (not cheapass coilovers)? Didn't think so, because they handle just fine.

Actually a friend of mine who lives in Newark and is at Trails all the time has a 97 hatch with the jdm h22 in it. Its red with black fenders and a carbon fiber hood (he picked the car up for about a grand with no front end and fixed it). He's been running inconsistent as hell and having nothing but problems with the car and all I ever hear about is the handling. So I'm going from real life experiences, not just what I've "read". It is probably possible to make them into decent handling cars, but the b18 swap is much more reasonable for an all around fun car. Its going to fit the smaller car a lot better and the hp numbers are so similar why go with the 2.2?

An Accord is a little bigger of a car. I would do an h22 or h23 in my Accord if I was doing a swap, but in a Civic its a little different. That car comes with a 1.5 Liter engine stock. The cars not made to have a whole lot of weight in the front and does tend to cause a few problems. Granted, the guy I'm talking about hasn't upgraded his suspension yet, but a b18 is a far better suited engine swap for a hatch.