Fastest Stock Turbo Evolution - Curt Brown - 11.197 seconds

Guest midnightblue

Guest racinbird

Was that the dark colored EVO they said was from PA on the loud speaker? wing delete?, If so I saw him run a 11.49, didnt see the faster run.

Also note how it says cars were running .4-.5 sec slower and 5mph less than normal. I have a hard time beliveing that. Hell then my car is one of the fastest nearly stock LS1's ever!!

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

Curt brown has done some crazy things in the DSM world. I dont doubt that he will hit 10s on the "stock" turbo.

(whether it is or not I do not know, but he claims it to be)

If indeed that is the stock turbo, I don't think it's life expectancy is too great. Ask Andrew how long his stocker lasted at those boost levels.

People have run some crazy times on stock turbos, ONCE! Hell, someone ran a 10.98 on stock turbo'd FD, but his turbos were oil foggers by the end of the run.

The dude is just golden with everything he touches. He is normally faster than everyone else running the same shit, he just drives his ass of.

It was windy as hell sunday, if the winds were coming at him I have no doubt that he was running slower than he possibly could. How much slower who knows but there was some fn strong wind that day.

Over the years, ive learned tha you can find A LOT of extra horspower in the damnedest places when building and engine from scratch... Curt Brown is just one of those guys who knows how to find every extra pony his engines can give. graemlins/thumb.gif

Take your Quench for instanse.... you can find an extra 6 or 7hp by knocking off .010. The trick is, to make sure that at high rpm, your pistons dont stretch the rods so much that they kiss the head and turn your highly tuned engine into the most exspensive method of poluting your local highway.

Originally posted by Volvo Power:

Take your Quench for instanse.... you can find an extra 6 or 7hp by knocking off .010. The trick is, to make sure that at high rpm, your pistons dont stretch the rods so much that they kiss the head and turn your highly tuned engine into the most exspensive method of poluting your local highway.

and also the extra compression that can turn into detonation, chain/belt slack on ohc setups, ect...

still, sweet #s. wish i had acess to that kind of resources

Guest Stanislav94

Oh, that one... it was just a joke. I got a couple blown turbos left from my talon and just took a picture.

The 14b on the left spools first and then once the vtec kicks in the Big 16G goes to work and gives crazy top end. j/k haha

Guest Scoobysnack
Originally posted by Rally Red Evo:

Well it looks like he hit 10's on friday.

1.53 60ft

4.522 330ft

7.00@101.84 1/8th

10.926@124.90 1/4

Pretty amazing for a 16G.

Didn't he break the clutch soon after? I wonder how much more he can pull out of it. I was beside him in the pit and he was bitching alot about how the the track sucked. Then he made his asian sidekick get to work on the laptop.

It was actually kinda funny.