2005 GTO Test Drives

400 HO

Guest racinbird
Originally posted by High Octane:

[qb] Not exacly correct, The engine is a one of a kind found only the 04 GTO. The 04 GTO LS1 was built in GM's Canada engine plant and is based on the high output LS1 found in late model F-body's and standard corvettes, Lutz didn't think it had enough low end tourch so they added the ZO6 cam, but not the high flow ZO6 heads.

Didnt they change to a LS2 or LS6 engine in 05?

Guest racinbird
Originally posted by GEquinox:

Yes it's the LS2 this year.

If any of you are interested in one we've still got 4 up at Dan Tobin. My names Andy so just ask for me.

You been working there long? I useed to work with Rob Beacom when he was at Cadillac. He used to be at Tobin

Originally posted by racinbird:

Originally posted by High Octane:

[qb] Not exacly correct, The engine is a one of a kind found only the 04 GTO. The 04 GTO LS1 was built in GM's Canada engine plant and is based on the high output LS1 found in late model F-body's and standard corvettes, Lutz didn't think it had enough low end tourch so they added the ZO6 cam, but not the high flow ZO6 heads.

Didnt they change to a LS2 or LS6 engine in 05?

Yes the 05 has the LS2. So far I don't know the story behind this motor yet, but I assume it's built in Canada, and shipped to Australia then shipped back to North America in the finished car like the 04's were.