Hensler Racing

Kevin R.

I didn't pick them. I would go 4:10 because it's an automatic.

It's the dad's idea, and since I don't have much say because it's really his way or none at all because I am in debt to him on this car. The reasoning is mostly because you need an aluminum driveshaft when you get up higher than 3:73.

Originally posted by Kevin R.:

I didn't pick them. I would go 4:10 because it's an automatic.

It's the dad's idea, and since I don't have much say because it's really his way or none at all because I am in debt to him on this car. The reasoning is mostly because you need an aluminum driveshaft when you get up higher than 3:73.

Eh not really. An aluminum driveshaft always helps (I have one), but it's not required due to your gear ratio.

In any case I sent you a PM. I agree though that 4.10s with your auto will work well. You'll be glad you got 4.10s and not 3.73s.

Originally posted by Stolen 5.0:

Hensler Racing does gear installs for $250 labor. i would put a 3.73 or 4.10 in ur car.

graemlins/thumb.gif

Kevin, you might as well just stay with the stock gear for now then and use the money fore some other bolt on.

[ 26. September 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: mesteno ]

No no chip, i know this for certain. They will shift right you'll just run at a higher rpm constantly the higher the gear ratio you go and the higher the gear you are driving in. I will try and convince him for 3:73..

So if i buy the gears you'll put them in for 250? Ouch.

Originally posted by Yellow4.6:

R&S Automotive in Groveport does great work. Roger has done probally more gears than anyone in central OH.

Apparently not on IRS cars. The guy quoted me $250, when I showed up he had a $600 bill on the counter, since he didn't know how to install the gears in my car. We had problems. graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Originally posted by Kevin R.:

No no chip, i know this for certain. They will shift right you'll just run at a higher rpm constantly the higher the gear ratio you go and the higher the gear you are driving in. I will try and convince him for 3:73..

Wrong! If you get 3.73's you probably will bang the limiter on shifts - with 4.10's you will for sure. With 3.73's if you are making enough power you will, if your power is down a bit you won't. This is a fact - it's the way the EEC to is setup coupled with the speed the hydraulic processes can complete in the tranny. The other thing, all part throttle shifting is done based on MPH - if the MPH is not correct, and it won't be with gears, then part throttle shifts will be off too - maybe not real noticable, but they will be off.

Don