Applogy to Germain Nissan

Science Abuse

Originally posted by Lustalbert:

on the brighter side, an oil change every 3000 would have cost about 300 plus time per change and gas to drive to the shop to have it done. for that many miles, she saved like probably 400 bucks on oil changes to put twards the swap.

graemlins/thatfunny.gifgraemlins/thatfunny.gifgraemlins/thatfunny.gifgraemlins/thatfunny.gif

Its not that crazy, we usually get 1 or 2 "sludge" motors a month, as in the person forgot to have it changed or just didnt know they needed to.

But on behalf of the germain company, apology accepted :D

Guest racinbird
wow....this reminds me of the old lady a few years back that never changed her oil in her car, remember GM says 100,000 miles before a "tune up"

Originally posted by RX7dood:

eric you seriously got owned.

We, man, we, the three of us. Unfortunately this is an expensive lesson for her to learn. Including the previous work, the swap, and depriciation done to the car by all this, she's accountable to about $10,000.

Originally posted by The Stig:

I'd like to apologize to the Germain folks for things said in this thread.

I went into this without a very vital bit of info and made some uncalled for comments and assumptions. The woman conveniently forgot to mention that, in 43,000 mi of operation, she never had an oil change....ever, EVER. The Service people at Germain Nissan have in fact been very resonable and have come up with some resonably priced options and solutions. [/QB]

I hate to say this, but not the first time I've heard were someone didn't know that cars need maintance beyond filling up the gas tank. Over 40,000 miles on dino-oil must be some kinda record, I could see if it was Modile 1 or an other syntek but damn.

Originally posted by High Octane:

I hate to say this, but not the first time I've heard were someone didn't know that cars need maintance beyond filling up the gas tank. Over 40,000 miles on dino-oil must be some kinda record, I could see if it was Modile 1 or an other syntek but damn.

My 150k ford went 12k on mobil 1. Its paid for, and apart from destroying the origional tranny, I can't seem to break it. In all honnesty though, the OE transmission only goy ate becaus I didnt fix the leak or put fluid in it. ;) i still have the origional belts on my car. Sure, it'd be smart and easy to change them, but the curiosity is still there "how long can I go?". tongue.gif