plymouth superbird

Adam

My absolute dream car!

The entire car is pure and simple, functional artwork. For those of you who are too young to know about this car, Please do yourself a favor and do a bit of research. It was not built to be a pretty cruiser. It was built to rule the race track!

It's big! It stands out in a crowd, and it OWNED ALL for the short time that it was allowed on the track!

Those Superbirds/Daytona rule. To me those are some of the most incredible pimp'd factory stock cars built. I know a fellow on the west side out of Columbus that owns two of them. The nice one cost him over 100K fifteen years ago.

Guest venemous bite
A friend of mine is right know stripping one down to the metal.It was orange but the owner wants it painted green to match the numbers.The owner said money is not a problem. So they are doing the engine compartment,inner doors and all lime green. The owner also owns a original 440 6pack cuda and a chrysler wedge motor car like the one in the beach boys song. The cuda even has the original hurst pistol grip shifter in it. I wish i had his money.

OK... the wings actually added very little weight, and since it was over the rear tires that would have helped balance anyway. The wing not only provided downforce, but it also added directional stability to the car as well, helping control the tendency of the rear to come out in the corners. And to anyone who says THIS wing is ricer: graemlins/nutkick.gif ,remember, only NON-FUNCTIONAL CRAP is ricer. After all, I don't see anyone ragging on John Force's wing, now do I?

(NOT ADVOCATING WINGS IN GENERAL, ONLY FUNCTIONAL WINGS, ON CARS FAST ENOUGH TO BLOW YOU AND ME THE HELL OFF THE ROAD)

If you can't do 150mph or better, don't even think about a wing.

Originally posted by High Octane:

Bit of trivia, The Superbird was a Cornet with a bolt on two piece front end, the Daytona Charger was a Charger R/T with a cut and welded single piece front end. making the charger more valuable.

The Plymouth Superbird is a Plymouth Roadrunner with the "nascar" extras. Have a 69 B-body in the driveway. Also the Charger was the first with the redone rear window for racing... Do a search for the "The Charger 500" 69 was a busy year for the Charger.

Later,

jay

Originally posted by Spidey2721:

The Plymouth Superbird is a Plymouth Roadrunner with the "nascar" extras. Have a 69 B-body in the driveway. Also the Charger was the first with the redone rear window for racing... Do a search for the "The Charger 500" 69 was a busy year for the Charger.

Later,

jay

Roadrunner, you'er right I was thinking of the SuperBee