Another reason for E-Check

MrMeanGreen

http://www.nbc4columbus.com/news/3455070/detail.html

I know it says "industrial facilities", but you know people are gonna bitch and they'll target automobiles first instead of the industrial waste. :rolleyes:

I'll give it a year before we see E-Check stations in Central Ohio.

Go get your Collector tags now while you can like I did :D

Guest Tony_K

"Industrial Facilities" - You can blame a lot of that for DuPont, Elchem (sp?), the oil companies, power plants, etc. all located along the Ohio river, as well as the huge steel mill and shitload of factories along the Cuyahoga (Cleveland). As of several years ago, the Ohio river valley had the dirtiest air in Ohio with the exception of the Cuyahoga valley.

Don't worry about e-check in Columbus, though - Columbus will never get it. Franklin county has always been high-ranked in vehicle registrations, yet somehow smaller podunk counties like Montgomery, Clark, Greene, and Portage got e-check while Franklin didn't. The e-check has long been cited by the rest of Ohio as an example of how the state officials funnel money from the rest of the state into here. :rolleyes:

There is also talk of doing away with e-check, because it really isn't helping pollution or ozone levels much compared to non-e-check counties.

For some good reading, here is the annual report from a few years ago:

http://chagrin.epa.state.oh.us/dapc/echeck/report01.pdf

One positive note in the report is the suggestion that because of e-check, Ohioans are maintaining their vehicles better. I like that. But we could just have a mandatory annual vehicle inspection instead, like PA does. I wouldn't mind paying for the peace of mind that other cars have decent tires and brakes.