Attention all Mazda Speed Owners. I need your help.

DTM Brian

PM me or post what you want to know.

If you remember, I dynoed in January. I finally got my tubular manifold last week after a loooooong wait, so I'll be back next time I'm in Columbus.

[ 08. July 2005, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Mallard ]

Bump so Brian sees it.

And Byran, just so you know, I only know of 2 other people on this board that have Mazdaspeed Proteges. 'BillB' (a friend I used to work with that doesn't post and rarely reads the board anymore) and 'Azn6er' (a regular on the Mazda Forum that only has a few posts on here...not sure if he ever reads CR anymore). So I'm your only hope. haha

Originally posted by Orion:

like obi wan?

phil, theres someone at tuttle crossing with a blue msp that has a cf hood and a big front mount. very clean car. wondering if you know the owner.

It's probably the kid I met down on High St one night. I'm not a fan of the hood. (Wanna be EVO hoods are gay)

The kid was running ~13psi and blew his stock engine. Instead of buying a junkyard engine, forged rods and pistons so it would be safe to boost that high he spent $4k on another stock engine from the dealer. When I met him he was running stock boost because he was afraid to blow again. He's lucky if he has 190whp.

ive never actually met the kid, just see his car a few times a week.

The kid was running ~13psi and blew his stock engine. Instead of buying a junkyard engine, forged rods and pistons so it would be safe to boost that high he spent $4k on another stock engine from the dealer.
dammit. please tell me you at least TRIED to educate him.

Originally posted by Orion:

ive never actually met the kid, just see his car a few times a week.

dammit. please tell me you at least TRIED to educate him.

For the amount of money he spent on the stock engine from the dealer he could have had a fully built motor and a piggyback so he could actually tune the thing. He could have been running 13's in the 1/4 safely.

There was no need for an education. The work was already done and he was broke with no options.

[ 12. July 2005, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Mallard ]